Upcoming Custom Build

Hey Jarlmaster,

I appreciate the tip, but don't think I'll wait for the upcoming release of the GTX 800 series. There are a few reasons behind this, but the primary reason is that I would simply justify buying the GTX 800 (or 2-3 if I wanted SLI) when the time came. I'm not afraid to spend money on this enjoyable hobby of mine. While it may be foolish to spend the money with the upcoming release of new technology, I would argue that new technology is always right around the corner.

That being said, I'll look into the GTX 800 series in terms of reading material, and will probably just buy it when it comes out. The GTX 700 series card would then be available as a spare, for another build (perhaps a lower end build), or I could simply toss it on eBay. :)

Thanks for the heads up nonetheless. I hope my eagerness doesn't offend you as I really do appreciate the tip.. I just don't like to wait very long for my toys. :)

That's understandable and do what you wanna do. :)

I don't go for cutting edge in order to save money and I don't have too much demand on my PC. I was doing fine on my i3 system but I built my i5 system too to future proof it.

As for case, have you looked at cube cases? Mine's a Xigmatek Gigas and it's sweet. Plenty of room and good cooling set up.

Hey celery!

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the cube cases, but that looks interesting! Generally I like a tall (full) case with a side display, lots of fans, and LEDs. I used the Antec Twelve Hundred on a build years ago and liked it a lot! It's still sold, but I'm not sure that I want to use the same one. :)

I just increased the memory to 16GB and I'm looking at the case right now. I'm fighting with myself to not go overboard and get the 780TI with SLI, making this a 3000+ dollar build. I think I'm going to have enough control, but will probably invest in upgrading when the 800 series comes out.

As for headphones, do you have any recommendation? I have a pair of Turtle Beach headphones that I use for my PS3/4 that would work fine, but I'm wondering if there is a pair that would do better.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom