Ethernet To Faceplate Problem

AssasionFarrer15

Solid State Member
Hello, i brought an ethernet so i can rig it up to a ethernet faceplate, when i cutted one of the ends off to rig it, the colours are all solid, when searching this i could not find anything about it, it is a cat6e ethernet cable also i searched for how to wire this cable aswell as i have never seen one like this please help people? (I tried to rig it myself lmfao)

A picture to show the cable (I Have attached it)

Attachments

• 1010101.jpg
    1010101.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 11
  • WP_20140801_005.jpg
    WP_20140801_005.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 9
In cases like that, the lighter/faded version of the color maps to the white+color code on the connectors. if you don't have a punch down tool you'll need one to make the connection.

Also, if the copper is stranded and not one solid cable within each colored insulator it will not work with the face plate.

hey, I did what you said the colour code white and faded colour connected it and still don't work, It is not strands of wire Inside of the coloured cables please help

Did you use a punch-down tool to secure the cables in? If you did, then try swapping the colors around, you'll see two color codes on there, if both ends of the cable/connection do not match it won't work (not the way you seem to want it to anyways).

This might help clear up some of the confusion.

Ethernet Wiring Diagram

How to wire Ethernet Cables

Ethernet Wiring Diagram (large)

If the cable on the other end is wired differently, it could cause the wall plate connection not to function as desired. That cable you have seems to have used a non standard cable. There should be a solid color and a white with a stripe of the same color. If that's not the case with your cable, a meter along with the diagrams in the links I posted should get you back on track. Next time go to a electrical parts supply house and buy cable with the correct color wires.

Back
Top Bottom