Crashed Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17-Ukraine

muz

Golden Master
BBC News - Malaysia jet crashes in east Ukraine conflict zone

I take it most people will have seen this story , And before going into speculation about what I think has happened and will happen I would just like to say my heart goes out to the family and loved ones of the passengers and crew on this plane ,I cant imagine what they are going through right now and would not wish it upon anyone . I hope the full story of what happened comes out and any fowl play is punished .

As for what has happened , the news I was watching before had experts on who suggested that Pro Russian rebels in the region equipped with some sophisticated surface to air missile had shot down what they thought to be a transport plane for the Ukraine air force , It in fact turned out to be a comercial jet carrying nearly 300 crew and passengers .

If the reports I am seeing of European and US passengers on board this plane accurate along with the reports of it being pro Russia supporters using Russian military hardware that have shot this down the diplomatic fall out of this could rage on for years to come .

Who ever who was in charge and gave the order to fire a missile on that plan is in real trouble. There are going to be some serious lawsuits and what not. I would not want to be that person in charge who gave the order.

Things are getting out of hand and we are soon going to be looking at a full blown war. Russia seems to be crossing their boundaries.

Yes very sad, I too have woken to this.

Who ever who was in charge and gave the order to fire a missile on that plan is in real trouble. There are going to be some serious lawsuits and what not. I would not want to be that person in charge who gave the order.

Things are getting out of hand and we are soon going to be looking at a full blown war. Russia seems to be crossing their boundaries.

Why we need to use missiles and weapons like it to fight our neighboring countries is beyond me. At the moment everyone seems to be declaring a war.

Last edited:
Malaysia Airlines is screwed. This is the second plane that has crashed in less than a year with no survivors. Someone will buy them out most likely. That aside how the hell do you mistake a commercial airliner for a military transport plane? Surface to air missile systems are equipped with advance radar. Commercial airliners not only emit a specific radar signal that identifies them as a commercial airliner but they have running lights and other things that prevent just such an incident. It really makes no sense especially given this is NOT something the Russians want. It gives others a reason to get involved in the conflict. But we'll see. I still don't want the US getting involved no matter what happens.

Malaysia Airlines is screwed. This is the second plane that has crashed in less than a year with no survivors. Someone will buy them out most likely. That aside how the hell do you mistake a commercial airliner for a military transport plane? Surface to air missile systems are equipped with advance radar. Commercial airliners not only emit a specific radar signal that identifies them as a commercial airliner but they have running lights and other things that prevent just such an incident. It really makes no sense especially given this is NOT something the Russians want. It gives others a reason to get involved in the conflict. But we'll see. I still don't want the US getting involved no matter what happens.

Ive seen some news reports over here in the UK suggesting that if the rebels were operating sophisticated surface to air missiles like the ones capable of shooting this plane down they would not have access to the detailed radar information as this information is gathered at a state level by civil aviation authorities and the military and the rebels wouldn't have access to either of these sources so that could be how they have come to mistakenly shot down a civil aircraft .

Its interesting how two of Malaysian Airlines flights ended badly with one flight's possibility of never being found again and today there are people dedicated to finding it and the other being blown up.

Its interesting how two of Malaysian Airlines flights ended badly with one flight's possibility of never being found again and today there are people dedicated to finding it and the other being blown up.

To think that either of these incidents were 'accidents' or that nobody knows where the first one is... well... it's just not true. This second one could surely have been an accident, but I've worked on too many missions that 'never happened' to take that at face value.

Ive seen some news reports over here in the UK suggesting that if the rebels were operating sophisticated surface to air missiles like the ones capable of shooting this plane down they would not have access to the detailed radar information as this information is gathered at a state level by civil aviation authorities and the military and the rebels wouldn't have access to either of these sources so that could be how they have come to mistakenly shot down a civil aircraft .

Oh... Didn't know that. Well then that is probably how they mistook it for a transport plane. Ok. That needs to change and probably will after this disaster.

Oh... Didn't know that. Well then that is probably how they mistook it for a transport plane. Ok. That needs to change and probably will after this disaster.

What needs to change is Russia not giving rebels access to equipment as sophisticated as this in order to overthrow another government . Sure throwing them a couple of Ak 47's and a few crates of rounds but giving them equipment to disable another countries air force without checking that they know how to do it is a bit stupid and ultimatelyl could be the end of Russias ambition to take over Ukraine as the west who has suffered by far the most casualties in this impose heavy sanctions against Russia .

To think that either of these incidents were 'accidents' or that nobody knows where the first one is... well... it's just not true. This second one could surely have been an accident, but I've worked on too many missions that 'never happened' to take that at face value.

I do think this was an accident , the last thing pro Russian rebels or the Kremlin wish to be implicated in is the shooting down of a civilian plane, that really focus's the world attention on what they are actually up to in the region and that is the last thing they want .

Id wager that the rebels where messing about with this gear not fully knowing how to use it and trying to shoot down a Ukraine air force transport , assumed the airspace would be shut to civilian airplanes (a lot of airlines have re routed around Ukraine air space in relation to the troubles there anyway ) and just fired thinking they would get massive respect from the Kremlin for shooting down yet another Ukraine Air force plane . when in fact right now whoever has shot down this plane is going to be getting grilled by the Russian gov

Its going to be interesting to see if the Rebels will cooperate with the Russian Government and allow access to the crash site for other countries to perform their investigations. Vladimir Putin may not be allowed at the G20 Summit being hosted in Australia this year because of what has happened.

Back
Top Bottom