Random Chit Chat

tumblr_moi3gjhIz91rlu2nwo1_500.png

:rofl:

You can catch them. It doesn't cost much.

Gotta catch'em all!

Well, if they don't catch you first. Trust me, it hurts :(

Here in seasons it is very affordable even for a poor guy like me.

I wish. I'm in the Midwest, USA. Far from any coastline. "Fresh" hard shell lobster around here is $15-20/lb. It's insane. I'm sure you could just get tail for like...$10 or something, but still. Also, I'm not in a very populated area so that doesn't help.

i am now running windows 8 on my primary computer.
The only reason i changed was:
  1. I like the faster boot time
  2. I like the few UI tweaks in Explore
  3. I got it free
  4. I needed to re-install Windows anyway

It works pretty good. Still no need to upgrade if it would cost you money.
I'm actually using Metro as my start menu. It is striped down to only 8 things and searching in Metro works just as good as in the win7 start menu. So no need for 3-party start menus.

I also disabled those unnecessarily ribbons on the top of an Explore window.

I quick tip i found out.
I am starting to use the quick access menu (the one that opens when you right click on the "start menu" icon) but it's far from perfect to my needs.
You can easily edit everything in it by simple removing and adding new shortcuts in a specific folder.

C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX

makes living without a classic startmenu much easier.

i am now running windows 8 on my primary computer.
The only reason i changed was:
  1. I like the faster boot time
  2. I like the few UI tweaks in Explore
  3. I got it free
  4. I needed to re-install Windows anyway

It works pretty good. Still no need to upgrade if it would cost you money.
I'm actually using Metro as my start menu. It is striped down to only 8 things and searching in Metro works just as good as in the win7 start menu. So no need for 3-party start menus.

I also disabled those unnecessarily ribbons on the top of an Explore window.

Ah nice. Its a nice OS once you've got to play with it, I don't use any of the apps or Metro or any 3rd party tools.

Re: Free Microsoft Ebooks

Another thread dedicated to links you find on the interwebz... should've guessed.

^ Windows 8 handles gaming more poorly than Windows 7 still. The difference is very quickly seen in a high res game.

Other than gaming, I like 8. I use it at work on my development PC. Moving items to the taskbars where they are (on separate monitors) is nifty IMHO.

Re: Free Microsoft Ebooks

My Retort Options:

As a member of the staff: No violation of the Rules, therefore no problem

As a member who likes visiting the forum to interact with other members on more than just random links and useless posts: Yes, Problem

In all honesty though; the constant creation of new threads for every article you come by should be moved into the RCC thread.

Back
Top Bottom