Problem installing NVIDIA GeForce 820M drivers for Windows 7 64-bit

nisargshah95

Solid State Member
I recently bought an HP 15-022TX notebook (with NVIDIA GeForce 820M card). I installed Windows 7 Pro 64-bit from DreamSpark and downloaded the driver for the card from here.
Now when I run the setup, it gives the following error -

screenshot.jpg

Now, as far as I checked, HP website does not have any drivers for this laptop.
So I headed over to Intel Download Center and used the
Intel® Driver Update Utility. But it seems Internet Explorer crashes every time I start the utility (tried this with Windows 7 Pro 32/64-bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit).

Now I wanted to determine my Intel Graphics driver so here's the output of 'Right click on desktop' -> 'Screen resolution' -> Advanced settings' -

scr_res.jpg

So how do I determine which driver to download from the Intel Download Center? In 'Find by Category', I looked in 'Graphics' -> 'Laptop graphics drivers' but none of the drivers listed seem to help.

PS - Ironically, I could find help for installing the driver for Ubuntu much faster.

Any help would be appreciated!

What you can try to do is install the latest version of Java. Get Google Chrome or FireFox. Internet Explorer has always had issues when I use it. Then go back to Intel's Download Center, and go to Driver Update Utility.

Install of the drivers it tells you to, then reboot your PC and try the Nvidia Driver Install again. If none of this works please respond.

Intel Driver Update Utility

Java

FireFox

Google Chrome

Have a good day, and bye for now! :)

Last edited:
What you can try to do is install the latest version of Java. Get Google Chrome or FireFox. Then go back to Intel's Download Center, and go to Driver Update Utility.
I tried using it with Java 7 Update 65 with Firefox 30 and (verified Java), but still nothing. Chrome also crashed.

But it seems I've resolved my problem. I downloaded SlimDrivers Free from download.com and let it scan my laptop. It automatically detected the outdated VGA driver and downloaded and installed the appropriate Intel® HD Graphics driver.
Anyway thanks for your support!

Hmm, that's weird. Normally it's a good idea to stay away from 3rd party software when it comes to drivers. Guess it worked out this time, for you. Anyways, glad to help, and I will be sure to see you later. Bye!

I would uninstall that driver software now, then do a full virus scan and a full malware scan.

The Intel driver that it is talking about could be the Chip, Chipset or MoBo driver... a number of things. Look for Chipset drivers, "mainboard"/"baseboard" drivers and see if that helps.

Hmm, that's weird. Normally it's a good idea to stay away from 3rd party software when it comes to drivers.
Even I was not sure of the software, but I relied on the ratings from Download.com.

I would uninstall that driver software now, then do a full virus scan and a full malware scan.

Yeah, do it. You never know when messing with stuff like that.
Okay, I will do a virus scan to check if everything's alright. Thanks for your concern!

Back
Top Bottom