Getting my Comptia A+ Certification

Craig Prince

In Runtime
This thread is just letting people know I have decided to get A+ Certified this year. I'm currently learning a lot about it through Professor Messer's training video series.

So far I'm greatly enjoying the series, and greatly recommend it to anyone wanting to get A+ certified. I will talk more about why I need it in another thread, but now is not the time to talk about it.

Link to series

Yeah I guess that's it for now everyone, like I said I will talk about this later. Hope everyone has a great day! (Or night.) :)

Check out this website examcollection.com

This website is the only way that helped me pass my Security + cert.

(Please don't assume this is me knocking you...I'm not.)

I once passed the A+ cert full length example test while completely shitfaced. It was pretty hilarious.

This thread is just letting people know I have decided to get A+ Certified this year. I'm currently learning a lot about it through Professor Messer's training video series.

So far I'm greatly enjoying the series, and greatly recommend it to anyone wanting to get A+ certified. I will talk more about why I need it in another thread, but now is not the time to talk about it.

Link to series

Yeah I guess that's it for now everyone, like I said I will talk about this later. Hope everyone has a great day! (Or night.) :)

How did you get on with this?

I'm doing mine now...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How would you go about getting this cert, and what does it allow you to prove? I ask because in the US, it seems to be a fact that no matter how much you know, you must have paper to prove it.
In the same stance, I will also say that even the most basic jobs around here ask for at least 2 years prior experience. I didnt know that experience was a requirement for bagging but well...

I tried to get a job with dell. They turned me down as I do not have a degree. I am very confused by that, because just trying to get parts replaced for the computers (under warrenty) has proven that even the most basic beginner has more experience than those people do. On the MOST difficult jobs I have done working with the dell tecs, I have had to ask to be sent to a level 3 tech before the problem could even be understood. The only compitant people I have ever seen working at dell is a service that you have to pay for called "Dell on Call" and those people actually know what they are doing. I have no idea how anyone below them got a degree and know nothing. I had to tell one tech what Eithernet was...

The CompTIA A+ is considered the base certification for a qualified IT technician to be honest. It shows a standard, and an accepted depth/breadth of knowledge to be considered for a role. Of course you can be more competent than someone who has the A+ even though you haven't got it, but yo have to prove it! On the flipside, not all people with the A+ are any good, most people pass it through brain dumps and not proper experience anyway!

Back
Top Bottom