Why are Australians so into computers?

jarlmaster

In Runtime
This is a question I've never been able to ask. It seems like the US and Australia dominate computer forums, and most every youtube video on gaming/pc building features an Australian person or an American person. Just curious if its a cultural thing or what? Because it could be any country's thing but it tends to be an American or Aussie obsession.

This is a question I've never been able to ask. It seems like the US and Australia dominate computer forums, and most every youtube video on gaming/pc building features an Australian person or an American person. Just curious if its a cultural thing or what? Because it could be any country's thing but it tends to be an American or Aussie obsession.

I would also say people from the UK are always present on most forums I visit, to be honest I don't often come across many overseas forums that have Australians participate.

Now for You tube that is a different story, I've seen plenty of Aussies posting up.

I would also say people from the UK are always present on most forums I visit, to be honest I don't often come across many overseas forums that have Australians participate.

Now for You tube that is a different story, I've seen plenty of Aussies posting up.

Oh true. The UK gets involved as well. Either way its just interesting from a cultural perspective.

On english speaking forums you are bound to get people from the whole spread of english speaking countries in the world .

On english speaking forums you are bound to get people from the whole spread of english speaking countries in the world .

This - I often see people from a variety of english speaking countries - UK, US, Canada, Australia etc. I wouldn't say there's a particular bias to Australia at all (though I could be wrong, I haven't done the maths!)

Well that's very true but many people from non-English speaking countries speak English these days. And this site along with every other site is available to all. Still I think you guys are probably right and that's the reason behind this.

Us population >300 million
Uk population >60 million
Canada population >30 million
Australia > 20 million

You should expect roughly five times as many Americans as British people.
And 15 Americans + 3brit for each Australian.

This forums regulars are a pretty good representation of the English speaking world.

Us population >300 million
Uk population >60 million
Canada population >30 million
Australia > 20 million

You should expect roughly five times as many Americans as British people.
And 15 Americans + 3brit for each Australian.

This forums regulars are a pretty good representation of the English speaking world.

I don't see many Canadians on this forum. But I really don't know.

Back
Top Bottom