Looking for upgrade options, from a Intel DH61DL. $300-ish budget.

Garbler

Beta member
To be honest, I have no idea where I can go from my current mother board -Specifically- but, I'm pretty sure that I can do better while keeping most of my parts.

I feel that my system - as is - is great, I can play many games comfortably and I don't really have any issues that I can't work out on my own.

That beind said, I'm asking for advice on where I can go for a better motherboard within a ~$300 Budget for just the Motherboard, A Mini-ITX motherboard specifically. Doing my own research that are quite a few options I can take, but I'm looking for second opinions.

Also, as an after thought really, my current GPU is a Zotac nVidia Based Geforce 610 Part# ZT-60607-10L Will this bottleneck my current system or am I okay where I'm at for the moment?

Hi !

This board maybe?

ASUS P8B75-M/CSM Intel B75 Motherboard - MicroATX, 4x DIMM, DDR3, PCIe 3.0, Intel B75 Chipset, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0, HDMI, LAN, DVI at TigerDirect.com

Hmm, the Geforce 610 is a low end video card. There are decently cheap ones that are far better for gaming then. But then it's a question if the case are a small form factor? Or a mid / big tower?

Your power supply's power? You will need a 500W to be reasonable future proof for video card upgradings.

If you have a midtower case at least? Then this is my tip for a video card: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4501123&CatId=7387

Powersupply if needed?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7564402&CatId=1079

And if you are on a small form factor case? I suggest ( depending on if you have enough space for it? ) To get a good mid tower with at least 120mm fans. Antec and CoolerMaster have nice, quality cases.

Last edited:
I Like that Motherboard, Especially since I can Recycle a lot of my new parts. Ram, CPU, and CPU cooler (when it finally comes in.) I actually upgraded from a box, literally a fanless box that barely fit the stock CPU fan, to a Coolermaster Elite 130 case just a few months ago.

I am planning to go to a mid tower from Coolermaster, the N400, and the EVGA Card that you suggested seems like a good replacment.

I only got the Zotac card because it was the only one that would fit in my single PCIex1 slot. ><;

I have plans for the PSU, Fully Modular. I have a 400w From cooler master right now and it's a standard thing. With a crap ton of cables when I only need a few, 3-4 at the most I think. Corsair has a few good models, but the power seems over kill so I think I"ll be going with something like this:

OCZ Technology 550W ZT SERIES ATX12V 2.2 POWERPWR SUPPLY 80 PLUS BRONZE ACTIVE PFC Power Protection

I'll keep the mother board in mind, I can go up to an ATX if I want with the N400 Case, so I'll be browsing both with that information in mind.

To be honest, I have no idea where I can go from my current mother board -Specifically- but, I'm pretty sure that I can do better while keeping most of my parts.

I feel that my system - as is - is great, I can play many games comfortably and I don't really have any issues that I can't work out on my own.

That beind said, I'm asking for advice on where I can go for a better motherboard within a ~$300 Budget for just the Motherboard, A Mini-ITX motherboard specifically. Doing my own research that are quite a few options I can take, but I'm looking for second opinions.

Also, as an after thought really, my current GPU is a Zotac nVidia Based Geforce 610 Part# ZT-60607-10L Will this bottleneck my current system or am I okay where I'm at for the moment?

Why are you just wanting to upgrade the motherboard with your other current hardware remaining the same? In terms of gaming performance, you're not going to gain anything by doing so.

Please post the rest of your system specs. Is there a reason you are wanting Mini-ITX?

That's not a Mini-ITX board.

I Like that Motherboard, Especially since I can Recycle a lot of my new parts. Ram, CPU, and CPU cooler (when it finally comes in.) I actually upgraded from a box, literally a fanless box that barely fit the stock CPU fan, to a Coolermaster Elite 130 case just a few months ago.

I am planning to go to a mid tower from Coolermaster, the N400, and the EVGA Card that you suggested seems like a good replacment.

I only got the Zotac card because it was the only one that would fit in my single PCIex1 slot. ><;

I have plans for the PSU, Fully Modular. I have a 400w From cooler master right now and it's a standard thing. With a crap ton of cables when I only need a few, 3-4 at the most I think. Corsair has a few good models, but the power seems over kill so I think I"ll be going with something like this:

OCZ Technology 550W ZT SERIES ATX12V 2.2 POWERPWR SUPPLY 80 PLUS BRONZE ACTIVE PFC Power Protection

I'll keep the mother board in mind, I can go up to an ATX if I want with the N400 Case, so I'll be browsing both with that information in mind.

Yeah, that motherboard seems to be a great buy. Got all the bells and whistles one wants on a small factor board.
If you aren't planning to run dual videocards in the future? You wont need a full ATX mobo.

Qute: I only got the Zotac card because it was the only one that would fit in my single PCIex1 slot. ><; #

Ok. Yes, the case you have got now is a bit cramped when it comes to space."

The OCZ psu is a good choise. Modular is the way to go. Less cables, less work to draw cables inside the case in a neat way. And improved air flow thru the case as a bonus.

Cover the side panel fan mount on the N400 case as it will be a dust collector. Mounting a fan there are'nt really good either as it have shown that side panel fans will disturb the airflow from the front to the back of the case. Most of the air from a side fan will just bounce off the motherboard anyway.

What you want is a steady air stream thru the case that will cool your hardware and then exhaust the hot air fast.

The videocards of today....That is if it is'nt equipped with the small and loud AMD or Nvidia stock cooler fan? Will manage well anyway, without any side panel, case fan suppport.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom