Medical Marijuana

Just to single out heroin only is nonsense, any drug legal or illegal will have a impact & can destroy lives.

Way to take 31 words, and totally miss the point of the other 161.

These other things have an impact and can (not guaranteed) destroy lives:
Alcohol
Tobacco
Gambling
Money
Opening a business
Having kids
Purchasing a home
... the list goes on.

Life holds big decisions for us all, and not everything is so black and white.

stuff like crystal meth , cocaine amphetamines and ketamine should be illegal still in my opinion they are far too harmful

Certainly none would gain FDA approval for example, so there are a few controls in place for us already. Certainly something shouldn't be easily fatal, or nearly guaranteed addiction either.

as a society we seem to accept Alcohol which is a [legal] drug

Just pointin' that out for everyone... seems like nobody knows that.

If you disagree that weed should be legal how can you accept the continuing legality of tobacco and alcohol both of which do far more harm and have far higher chances of dependance ?

^

A lot of people I know have this holier than thou attitude towards weed and when I did use they would try and preach to me that drugs are bad man , Just as they light up a cigarette or pour a load of beer down their necks .

Personally I don't think it should be legalized, at least not in public... mainly because the stuff absolutely stinks!

Id rather have a passing smell of some weed than have to walk past a nightclub at closing time , which I have to do regularly owing to the hours and place I work

In all seriousness though I agree with you about it being legal for private use but I dont think walking down the street smoking it is the right idea , but then I dont think any sort of smoking in public should be legal .

Personally...
I don't think that all drugs are bad for recreational use.
I believe that weed has a place alongside alcohol as a recreational drug. I don't believe it's any more or less harmful. In fact it can almost certainly be less harmful depending on the way it is introduced. (Smoking it carries more risk than eating it).

I don't buy the gateway drug argument. First there are people who literally go straight to hard stuff, never touching pot. And even if you believe pot to be a gateway to drug use. I never once found a person who smoked pot who didn't first smoke tobacco. That's the real gateway drug. Also proven to be detrimental to society with cigarette butts as litter. And oh yeah, it causes cancer.
Those who use the argument that it's a gateway drug as it teaches people that drugs are fun, should surely put their efforts into making alcohol illegal. That's the first drug most people try.
Those that argue it's a gateway drug as it introduces people to drug dealers should surely campaign for it to be legalised licenced and available from well lit pharmacies rather than dim street corners. As then it would not be a gateway drug!

Where I live we generally categorise drugs as class a, b or c. Supposedly by level of harm. The impossible to overdose on social drug pot is weirdlyly classified as class b whilst the easy to o'd on addictive pain killers are often class c (when used without prescription).

Most drugs are only illegal without prescription. E.g morphine has a medical use, as does ket, barbiturates and cocain (it's used to numb the eye during eye surgery).

Earlier someone posted a list of class a drugs as bad, but it perfectly possible to use these recreationally and maintain a reasonable life. Look at most city bankers/stock brokers etc.

I'm pretty sure it's not legal in Poland. Probably just decriminalised.

For the nuts and bolts of this conversation regarding medical marijuana use.

Under prescription it absolutely should be available, I had someone I knew recently die of cancer. They used this to deal with the pain, but in order to get this drug it did involve a huge amount of risk on behalf if their friends and family. (They didn't smoke it, they chemically reduced it to make a pure resin/oil, this meant that they were using a lot and buying on tens of ounces at a time. In this country being caught with that amount will likely end in charges and jail time with an intent to supply.

Essentially. I do think that medical use should be approved and regulated like any other drug.

I'd like social use to be legal, but don't really care either way.

As for legalizing drugs for medical purposes fair enough but my opinion for legalizing for recreational use would be "NO" as I find Tobacco & Alcohol use gives enough problems to society let alone legalizing any more that can cause problems with abuse.

Personally I think it should be put to the vote ( Referendum) from the people not the governments, it would be a surprise to see how the vote goes.

Back
Top Bottom