Random Chit Chat

No need to clarify man, I don't mind such questions :)

For a number of reasons, mainly to remind us of the poor that some times can't even eat for whole days. It is even followed by an compulsory charity called Zakat Al Fitr, one half of the Zakat, (roughly translated to fast breaking alms) that those capable pay in a modest amount but if combined with all other people's it would be grand.

And btw, only the healthy adults are obliged to fast. Those with legit excuses either drop it completely, like children, of make up for it once they become able to, like women in their special day of the month.

Dude that is insane hot weather. The hottest temp. i'v been in is 100 F. When i used to live in Maine we broke a record, but we also had the humidity, wich made it worse.

Insane and sad :(

Yesterday on my back home I stopped at a fast laundry and the car's coolant started leaking seriously all of a sudden. The heat did its job and blew something up somewhere under the engine that caused it (could be the engine coolant seals, if I get the name right). Luckily I have another car to manage during this fasting month when workshops have tight schedules that conflicts with my work.

And yeah, humidity plays a role too. The 70km away city I work in is coastal and has really high humidity (could reach 90%) but less heat (not that less, it still could reach 43C or 110F). It does wonders to humans but I don't think it would have caused my problem above.

I heard Maine get really cold too (perfect for lobsters).

Yes Maine gets really cold in Winter, and it gets freak ice storms where it rains all day and all night, then decides to freeze. The next morning everything is covered in a sheet of ice. Happened to me once.

As for the lobsters, yes they are plenty. My ex girl friends sisters boyfriend used to be a lobster man and would give us free lobster all the time. I was eating fresh lobster at least twice a week, it was awesome.

Cool.

I was actually referring to the appropriate weather for lobsters. Maine (or AMerican or Canadian) lobsters live in cold waters unlike our spiny lobster that can live in warm waters (burning haha) like ours. It is unfortunate that we don't have the prior :(

In other news, my participation in CF will be held back this month due to fating and tough working hours. More than it already is :(

Pshh your temps are nothing :p in AZ coolest temps my dads seen in the last month is 112

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Pshh your temps are nothing :p in AZ coolest temps my dads seen in the last month is 112

Skeptical cat, is skeptical.

Desert temps have a delta between high/low of about 20-30 degrees, sometimes more, when going from night to day and anywhere in between. Lake Havasu City is the hottest city in AZ, and their high today is 108, so...

Back
Top Bottom