Programs slow CPU

Polakman0696

Solid State Member
Hello sorry for not being on for a long time but i had college, in the mean time i built a new gaming rig with the new z87 and i7-4770k and as expected a few problems arise.
The most common is all software that detect CPU speed say its too slow when in fact it's overclocked, I also had a problem with a turtle beach headset that was not being recognized but worked on all other devices.
So does anyone know what i can do about the headset and if I should worry about the programs detecting the wrong CPU speed.
Thanks for any help

The first thing you can do is list your complete specs list for us. That will help us help you solve the issue a lot. If you want, you can use Speccy to get an image of them.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download

I'd also like to know what software you have that is detecting your CPU speed. We can deal more with the problem once we have the full specs.

if i start up CPU'z It will show me something 800 - 1000 mhz.
That's because it's underclocking itself in order to save power.
When launching "Core damage" (a stress test tool) CPU'z shows 4200 mhz.

Is this info helpful?

Don't know about your headset. Try downloading the driver for it, or go to windows update and run an update search.

I tried look for drivers for the headset (Its a Z22 turtle beach) and no luck, and its only this PC that it doesn't work on, maybe its to do with the motherboard or chipset.
My PC specs:
CPU: intel I7-4770k OC to 4.2 GHz using ASUS AI suite 3
Heatsink: Corsair H80i, with Corsair LINK software
RAM: 2 x 4 GB and 1 x 8 GB corsair vengeance clocked at 1600 MHz
GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB
Storage: 1 Tb western digital black
Case: NZXT H2 silant case
By the speed i mean that when going on "CanIRunIt.com" it detects my maximum CPU speed of 0.8 GHz, same thing when running a hardware scan with Norton 360. When using programs like CPU-Z or the AI Suite the speed does change and show variation.
Not sure if real problem just wanted to make sure that my CPU was not being limited in any way, thanks for the help guys and for looking in to it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom