Which Build?

Craig Prince

In Runtime
I can't decide weather I'm going to build a completely overkill build powerful enough for duel 1440P monitors. Or a much more standard build that can handle duel 1080P monitors.

Obviously I want the first option, however I don't know which to go with. That's where you guys help me out. I put the links down below to the builds.

Standard- Intel Core i5-4690K, EVGA GeForce GTX 770, Corsair 450D - System Build - PCPartPicker

Overkill- Intel Core i7-4790K, EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti, Corsair 750D - System Build - PCPartPicker

I guess it might just be me, but maybe the word "overkill" is an indication of the build not to select. I'm sorry--maybe it's me growing up--but I could never justify spending $800 for a graphics card.

Depends on how future proof you want to be. Second one is way more epic but is also double the price... I would go with the first build but maybe add more ram and get a bigger SSD so you get a happy medium. But either way you go you're solid.

Yeah, I'm thinking about it still. I might just go with the cheaper build, even though I like 1440P. About what you said Jarlmaster, I think I need to go with a happy medium. I'll put a list together that somewhat combines the 2.

EDIT- An in between build- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/492hmG

Last edited:
Depends on how future proof you want to be. Second one is way more epic but is also double the price... I would go with the first build but maybe add more ram and get a bigger SSD so you get a happy medium. But either way you go you're solid.

It only works so far into time, though. That's the thing. I wouldn't want to buy an uber $800 graphics card and have it be "pretty good" in 4 years. I'd spend $400 to get a great performance now, then in 4 years, if I have to upgrade, I'll spend another $400 to get another "great" card. I guess I've never needed "uber"...you pay through the nose. Newest is always expensive.

Back
Top Bottom