My Gaming Rig

------------------------------------
:D:D:D 200th Post OH Yeah! :D:D:D
------------------------------------

Pcpartpicker made a mistake. Since it didn't have any price data on that motherboard it made it seem cheaper because it acted like it cost nothing. :lol: I would still go with the Intel build.

EDIT

I would also go with a larger ssd, it won't cost hardly any more. Here's a good one. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/mushkin-internal-hard-drive-mknssdcr120gb

Last edited:
I think I'll do some game plays and mod tutorials and reviews. I think I'll play games such as ETS2, Spintires and basically all types of simulators. I'm focused on doing good content as when looking on youtube the only real source is DsSquirrelsNuts and so I'd like to see if I can get even half as good as him!!

Overclocking can improve performance, however it will make your CPU run hotter as well. So if you want to overclock you will need to have an aftermarket CPU cooler. I will list some very good ones for you. :D

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+ - Newegg.com

CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Water Cooler - Newegg.com

The H80i costs more, but it is a closed loop water cooler after all.

So if I decide I'm gonna over lock I need to spend a little more? I think I'll stay with just standard CPU. Is the turboclock like an over clock?

Well no you only need to spend a bit more on a good CPU cooler, Its basically Intel's Turbo Boost feature found in lower end CPU's.

Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.01 automatically allows processor cores to run faster than the rated operating frequency if they're operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits.

Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0

I always buy an aftermarket cpu fan, the stock cpu fans are rubbish

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

So if I decide I'm gonna over lock I need to spend a little more? I think I'll stay with just standard CPU. Is the turboclock like an over clock?

I personaly think ocing is worth it. When i ocd my processor from 3.6 to 4.3 i noticed the performance boost a lot. Why intel charges so much for an unlocked processor i don't know but ehh.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom