Upgrading Question (newbie here!)

Christyful

Beta member
First off, I'd like to apologise if this is in the wrong place!

I'm looking to upgrade my current rig; I didn't have much money when I originally built it, so it's not very fly. I'm looking to use it for more intensive gaming as currently my FPS can lag in more strenuous circumstances. However, I have no idea what to upgrade first, and what will have the biggest impact. My initial reaction is to up my GPU, but I'm new to all this so I could be wildly incorrect.

It would be great if you guys could help me out, point me in the right directions and give me some suggestions for new components. My current setup is:

MB: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz
RAM: 16GB
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6570
PSU: 500W

All your help is appreciated :angel:

Christy

Ah yes, I forgot about the money side of things. I'm willing to spend a few hundred pounds (~£300) to upgrade it. It depends on what needs doing really- as you've said I'd need a new PSU. Anything else?

Christy

I have to say, I really don't know what I'm looking for in graphic cards. It looks very nice, but I don't know which stats I should really be looking at. Could someone help me here?

Christy

Ok so what types of gaming are you playing, Will you be doing anything that needs a lot of GPU power other than gaming?

I do all sorts, from MOBAs/MMOs, to sandbox games like ARMA. I often find on the likes of ARMA 3 and DayZ that I get a lot of fps lag and motion blur. Also, on GW2 I have to turn the settings down when there are large numbers on players in a fight (~50+). I need to turn down the number of players that are rendered, otherwise my FPS very quickly becomes SPF :p obviously it detracts from the whole experience.

It's only gaming that I really need an upgrade for.
Christy

Thanks buddy! Oh, and just one final thing- will this all run happily with my current set up? (Obviously with the new PSU) Cheers!

Christy

Back
Top Bottom