Another 'Is This Build Any Good' Thread...

Utopia1

Beta member
Hello, I've been planning my first build for a while now, and before ordering any parts, would just like to check with all you experts that it will work, is of a decent standard (I'd prefer not to spend masses), if there are any improvements you would make, and if there's anything else I should consider.

My budget is around £500 (sorry for the inconvenience everyone whose not British) but would not going £25 over.

Here's a link to what I'm thinking:
Intel Core i3-4150, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660, Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (White) - System Build - PCPartPicker

Also, two things: I do not have any desire to overclock now, or in the future, and I am using the hard drive, and optical drive from my previous computer, as I am not bothered about them being super amazing...

Thanks in advance for your time!

Ben

Nice build man! I wouldn't change a thing about it. I assume you already have an OS? And you don't want an optical drive?

Jarlmaster, I'm not sure on OS's. I'd definitely go Windows 7, but I may be able to get it from a friend- I'm not sure exactly how sharing works, I assume you have to register a computer to the disk, and you can only have a certain amount of computers registered to a single copy. Also, I'll be using the hard drive and optical drive from my current computer.

BK, It's mainly going to be an all rounder... I will be using it for work, but also a bit of gaming. I'm not a serious gamer, I don't have the time, but I would like to be able to play stuff like battlefield, which my current PC simply cannot handle...

Thanks for the heads-up guys!

Craig Prince, I think I'll have to stick with my original choice of the GTX 660, as I've just looked up the prices, and the 760 is £60 (~$100) more expensive, which I'm not sure my budget will stretch to. Thanks for the advice though!
Gotta love those crazy RAM colours!

So would you say it's ok, and I can start ordering components for this? Is there enough Wattage for the system? Will everything work together nicely? Etc...

Thanks! (^.^)

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Forums

Yeah the I3 is solid. Beside games usually isn't that CPU depended.

I agree that a better GPU is in order.

I have chosen the same GPU chip as Crag Prince but on different card.
I chose the Asus 760 direct cu2. It's a little cheaper and performs the same. It's not pre-overclocked.... even though the 760 overclockes it self. But you can adjust the limits of it's auto tune yourself.

I also choose some other RAM. these are 10 bucks cheaper and have identical performance. 1600mhz, CasL 9 using 1,5V.

i saved you 35 Bucks and got same performance.

For those money (+ 10 bucks more) i chose a better PSU. This one is Gold validated and is modular... it also has 50W more.

Here is the build: Intel Core i3-4150, Asus GeForce GTX 760, Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (White) - System Build - PCPartPicker

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

:Utopia

Ohhh. didn't see your new post. I was writing mine when you posted it.

BikerEcho, I'm going to also have to stick to my original due to cost... Your GPU is still £50 more expensive than my original, and there is no savings on your choice of RAM... (I'm referring to the prices on scan.co.uk if you're wondering) I just don't think my budget can stretch that far...

Back
Top Bottom