Post your rigs here.

they are not gonna leak. The company that makes them has a reputation to keep. They are sealed tight. they are not suppose to be taken apart. so there are no screws or anything to loosen. ofcause there is a slight change (and i do mean SLIGHT). there is a chance in anything. but it's so minor that it's not worth wasting your time worrying about. you PSU could also suddenly blow up. you don't go around worrying about that, now do you?
It's more likely for a water cooler to leak rather than a PSU to blow up. "Blow up" is taking it a bit too far.

I'll argue that you did. read your post's again. I there is a difference between "good arguments and personal opinion" and "keep telling him why this and that clearly is better even though he already has made up his mind about what he want"
It is not personal opinion, the Noctua NH-D15 is a much better option. It's a fact.

Ok then... i don't want to bash you too much for this, but you are still wrong in the statement that 512 GB SSD's are not worth it. To some people it is. If the need the space and speed on one drive and can afford it... go for it.
The reason I said it was a waste of money was because people that buy SSD's usually only put their operating system on it, games, frequently used files etc, not pictures or documents.

Both SSD's and HDD's has problem with speed reduction over time. But as a said earlier, SSD's don't reduce even close to HDD speeds.
Nobody is talking about reducing speeds, I'm talking about it dying.

I find it funny that you treasure reliability but like Raid0. it has twice the risk of file corruption. I have been running raid0 for 2 years before i got my SSD. i then used the raid0 volume as "D:/" , but i started noticing the noise the 2 desks made when they woke up from sleep (They go to sleep after some time in idle) that started to annoy me. so i now only have 1 of them installed in my system. Raid0 speed increase is NOTHING compared to SSD's.
It is nothing compared to an SSD's speed and I'm not trying to say it is, but storing pictures, documents etc on an SSD is just ridiculous.

I don't agree
Well, sorry to tell you, but it ain't something you can not agree on, it's a fact. Their keyboards are bad quality and overrated.

ok.. i'll rap this up quickly.

first quote: .. i have nothing to add. we can go on and on about how wrong it is to not buy a closed loop water cooler if the ONLY reason you have against it is that it may leak. that's just sad that some people can be so worried

second quote: it's a fact???? now you are just making me laugh. :lol:

third quote: I don't think so. People that spend that much money on a storage drive, knows what the need.
It's kinda like if i bought a very expensive guitar but don't know how to play on it yet.... that would be stupid.

forth quote: I don't see why. Pictures and documents doesn't require much space. If you have a shit tone of then sure. put them on a nas server, online storage, external harddrive or internal HDD. but that's not all i was replying to
I was also replying to your message

If you want fast storage space for documents, pictures etc, it would be easy enough to just buy a few HDD's and raid 0 them. This would also be cheaper than buying a 512GB SSD.

Fifth quote: Again you make me laugh with you "facts". It's personal taste, i wound't buy one myself, but i have a friend that is a huge fan of Razer keyboards.

What is the point in me even arguing. I'm not saying you're not knowlegeable with computer parts, but in this instance, you really don't know what you're talking about.

first quote: .. i have nothing to add. we can go on and on about how wrong it is to not buy a closed loop water cooler if the ONLY reason you have against it is that it may leak. that's just sad that some people can be so worried
I'm not saying closed water coolers are bad, even though most of them are, I'm saying the H100i is bad. There are some good closed loop water coolers out there, don't get me wrong, but most of them are just not that good and can be out-performed by air coolers which are cheaper and more reliable.

Let me tell you what's wrong with the H100i because I don't think you seem to understand me:

It is expensive. It is noisy. It is not reliable.

It's expensive if you compare it to an air cooler which performs just as good as it.

I know I keep talking about the Noctua NH-D15, but that's what the topic is about here. The Noctua is around $20 cheaper, it is quieter and there is pretty much nothing that can go wrong with it.

You might say you can get new fans for the H100i, but that's just upping the price more.

The H100i is not a reliable water cooler and neither are a lot of other closed loop water coolers. The H100i has a lot of failures, with the most common being leaking at the block.

You should really do some research or already know what you're talking about before trying to prove someone wrong.

second quote: it's a fact???? now you are just making me laugh. :lol:
So you're saying the H100i comes even close to beating the Noctua NH-D15? You really don't know what you're talking about. The Noctua is better in pretty much every aspect.

third quote: I don't think so. People that spend that much money on a storage drive, knows what the need.
It's kinda like if i bought a very expensive guitar but don't know how to play on it yet.... that would be stupid.
Okay, this is what I was saying if you read what I wrote:

I thought he was buying a 512GB SSD with no HDD, which is wrong, I was just looking at the wrong link, but you seem to think it's alright to do that.

Buying an SSD and saving everything on it - like I've said about three times now - is going to make its life much, much shorter. People might need 500GB of fast storage space, it's just uncommon.

Fifth quote: Again you make me laugh with you "facts". It's personal taste, i wound't buy one myself, but i have a friend that is a huge fan of Razer keyboards.
They're bad. There's so much more keyboards out there that are so much more better than them - in price and reliability. Not to mention razer keyboards reviews, they're ridiculous.

I know next to nothing about water loops, but I'm afraid I am going to call you out on the SSD front :)

Buying an SSD and saving EVERYTHING on it will severely decrease the life of the SSD. SEVERELY.

This was the case a few years ago - but these days, unless you're pounding the drive constantly, it's really not anything to worry about with a decent SSD. Sure, it'll wear out eventually, but you're going to be looking at the 10 year mark as a lower bound. You can also reliably see when it starts to wear (correctable errors will crop up) and then replace it ahead of time, which is generally speaking a much more gradual failure mechanism than with mechanical drives.

(Also bear in mind that constant pounding of the drive will wear out a mechanical hard drive too, just in a different way.)

>_< here is my current computer,

Casing: Graphite 780T (White)
MB: X79 Sabertooth
Cpu: I7 3930K
Cpu Cooler: Corsair H110
Ram: Avexir Blitz 4x4gb 1866mhz (white&blue)
Storage: 3x 256gb Samsung pro.
1x 1T WD Caviar black
GPU: Msi 780Ti Gamming 3GB in Sli
CD-ROM:Asus Blue-ray
PSU: Corsair AX860
Keyboard: Corsair K70
Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO

Back
Top Bottom