Is it all good to use this card for now??? Thank you in advance!

Helgarth

Beta member
Hey guys, im new to the forms but have been building and making comps for a decent time now. I honestly just have a question on I lost my homemade desktop a year ago in a flood =/ But so anyways enough of my life story.

I have a emachines t5226, which is not that good i know. the specs are as follow.

- 500w Coolmax PSU
- 4g ram
- 3.0ghz processor
- Nvidia Gefore GT 630

Now my question is, and please before anyone just flames me, why are you using this board or why are you trying to put stuff on it, because its all i have after i lost everything. I want to know if the card my friend just gave me a, Radeon hd 5770, will work on my motherboard, I understand that it may bottleneck and such. But will it work with out harming the card in anyway? Thank you so much in advance guys!

Is far as i know the 630 does not require a 6 pin PCI power connector due to it's low performance. The 5770 require one.
Branded PC's usually only has the power connectors it needs. So if you PSU doesn't have a free 6pin PCI connector, you are screwed.

Is far as i know the 630 does not require a 6 pin PCI power connector due to it's low performance. The 5770 require one.
Branded PC's usually only has the power connectors it needs. So if you PSU doesn't have a free 6pin PCI connector, you are screwed.
The only branded thing he has is the motherboard his PSU is aftermarket if I read his post correctly

branded computers does use other hardware then it's own brand. I know you already know this.
eMachines seam to only use third party hardware and only make their own cases and laptops full with third party hardware.
They choose vare cheap brands and hardware to make their products. that's why they are soo chip.... and crappy.
I doubt that they have chosen a PSU with upgrade potential.

If his PSU is this the following, the new card will not work
COOLMAX V-500 500W ATX Power Supply - Newegg.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom