PC upgrade

for old computers, i highly recommend it. It's a great OS.
But that's only if he isn't depended on any Windows only programs.

One of my desktops running these specs with Win7 doesn't run to bad with aero and a few other features turned off. You'll notice that having aero on takes a bit of ram but you'll see it decrease once turning it off.

ZFPG8Xu.png

Hey,

My CPU is ---- -Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.00 GHz

Lubuntu. not really familiar with it. Is it possible to do what I do daily?.. Like stream videos, watch videos/movies, play games, and other daily things just browsing.

Thanks!

it's all possible. Problem is that not many games is supported on Linux. Also programs like photoshop is not supported.

What type of RAM is in it now if its DDR2 you have to stick with DDR2 they are not interchangeable

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Wow!! A lot to take in.

yeah my memory is ddr2. So i can only stick with ddr2 memory for now until i actually build a new rig, which is like in 5ish years.. -_- Oh well.

Like right now, I just booted up my pc, using right now. and just ran CPU-Z to double check that I have DDR2 RAM. it took about 2.5 minutes to actually boot up the program.

So I am gonna just try to find a cheap 4gb ram somewhere.

Thanks for all the ideas, i might even try the lubuntu soon.!!

Thanks!

If you are going Linux go Kubuntu, Gentoo, Lemon, Mint, or Debian (or steam OS which is based on Debian). Those are my favorite Distros.

Back
Top Bottom