Random Chit Chat

Hey man nice to see you. I don't know if you'll remember me but I think I might remember you. How you been?

Your username rings a bell, but I can't quite remember you. Then again, I haven't been really active here for probably 3+ years--back in high school and college. I lurked and posted a few things a little over a year and a half ago, but I wasn't super active at that time.

I've been good, though. I graduated college with majors in Social Work and Business Administration (with a minor in Marketing/Graphic Design). However, I'm back to working in the IT industry. Shortly after graduating college, I moved about 4 hours away from home with my then-girlfriend. That didn't work out, but I was stuck down there for a while with my apartment lease so I ended up getting a job at a mid-size university (about 10,000 students) and was working at their IT Help Desk answering phones, emails, and walkins. We were essentially level 3 support, but we mostly did data management and account setup/troubleshooting (we didn't do any server-side or web-side work, we had other teams for that)...we were essentially the communicators/middlemen. That job was very stressful. I worked there a little over six months, but moved back home after the passing of a close family member--it just reminded me that I didn't need to be 4 hours away at this point in my life, especially just for job reasons. As I moved home, the one and only job I applied for, I got hired at! I'm now working at a bank in their IT department doing a variety of things. We have about 12 branches that we all manage remotely from our support center location. This job has been soooo much better than my previous one, with great benefits and a nice working environment. I'm not salaried, so I don't really have to worry about issues outside of my 8 - 5 shift, which is spectacular.

DUDE!!!! (Pun partially intended)

Welcome. the efff. back!!!! (InfectionZero here).

Missed ya bud!

Lately I've been watching one of the American lifestyle shows on Pay TV and one is Extreme Couponing and its interesting how these people take so much time in orgainisng their trips to the store and how they have to the coupons organised then how people just keep on buying and buying even if they don't the space to store the items. I swear half the people how do that must have OCD..

Yes, because everyone needs 150 bottles of ketchup - "but I only paid $2.34 for all 150" is their excuse. How about donating all those bottles (or about 145 of them) to the local food pantry so that they can be at least put to use. I hate that fricken show.

Yes, because everyone needs 150 bottles of ketchup - "but I only paid $2.34 for all 150" is their excuse. How about donating all those bottles (or about 145 of them) to the local food pantry so that they can be at least put to use. I hate that fricken show.

You gotta remember reality TV is some of the most scripted and planned stuff on TV

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

They say it's not scripted, but the produce "encourage" the people to "emphasize" certain "asspects of their personalities"

Regardless, it's all mindless dribble anyway. Not really that different from any other show on TV. It's all about personal taste.

First off, you guys are INSANE if you think those extreme couponers are loony... if I knew how to do that in my area, I totally would... We spend around $300/wk on groceries. Now, we eat a little more healthily than the average 'murcan, but that's still just a stupid amount of money for a basic life necessity.

Second, attached is why I hate doing projects for Marketing. By revision 10, I should've been done...

Here's an actual snippet from an email about one of the "Bugs" in my program:
Any time we use “Value Required” as an error message that is not helpful enough to guide a correction.
It should be noted my validation method is to place an icon next to the failed field, with the error being contained in a tooltip. Is is literally less than 10 pixels to the right of where they messed up, and "Required" is not clear enough.
:rolleyes:

And this says it all (this is the actual revision count, started at one and never modified manually)

Attachments

• sheesh.PNG
    sheesh.PNG
    3.3 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom