PC upgrade

KJLai

In Runtime
Hey guys!

So my PC is about a good 8-9 years already. Running on XP until last night. I upgraded to Win7. After upgrading to Win7. Everything is starting to slow down. Everything loads very slow, its very laggy.

So what I think I need to do is upgrade my ram. I only have 2 gigs of ram on this rig so that is my guess.

So my question is, is it possible to upgrade to any type of ram with the motherboard I have now? I have attached a picture of the model MOBO I have.

Let me know if I can upgrade my ram with this mobo, or if I have to get a new mobo and upgrade.

Along with my Graphics card. I have a Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT 512 mbytes.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 6
It's simple and as BK touched on, your system can't really handle Windows 7 at its full.

Again as BK said there are some things that you can turn off and such to make things a bit smoother and quicker.

Dam the file is on my other phone. If I remember to I will get the webpage off of the PC but it's an ebook about all the different things you can do to speed Windows 7 up. I'm sure it's something like turbo boost Windows 7. Oh and it's free.

Mossiac

I've run Windows 7 on PCs that have 512MB of RAM and it runs alright. That being said, it's not ideal. I would build a new computer before putting any more $$ into your current machine.

Thanks guys,

Mossaic, If possible let me know about that!

I was thinking about building a new computer when I get enough money for it. I have been looking online to see what to get to have a great decent gaming/daily pc.

But I might just buy a 4gb ram and put it on to my current rig. Its gonna take me some time to actually build a new computer. T_T Just graduated college. loan repayment time..

Any thoughts?

i would downgrade back to Windows XP... well actually no, i would upgrade to a Linux OS, but that might not be ideal for you.

Back
Top Bottom