Can we use TeamViewer??

evan.briggs

In Runtime
So, I was on another Computer Forum a while back and if a user was having a problem on there computer and they couldn't figure it out then they could use TeamViewer then someone could remote into their computer to help them fix it. They would obviously have to trust the person that was helping them out. I've used it many times to fix friends/family computers.

Just a thought, its a very handy program :)

You're going to let a total stranger in to your computer remotely? I don't trust any body for that.

Besides if you fix it and don't post what the problem was and what you did to resolve it, how does that help any one here? It's akin to having a chat room on a forum. It's self defeating.

I wouldn't have an issue with it if it were someone I knew very well... but to Seti's point, everyone here is still a stranger. Seti and cele are probably my most well known associates on the interwebz, but I'd be very reluctant to let them start poking around my PC. True, I can always click the power if I see them opening things I don't approve, but teamveiwer is not immune to other security vulnerabilities, meaning I might not even see other things they 'slip' in. There's also risk for the helper.

Can you use teamveiwer? Sure, why not? Don't however, expect the site or any other member to promote such actions as there is a lot of risk in it.

Seti and cele are probably my most well known associates on the interwebz

44370492.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

On topic though, I'd be willing to use teamViewer to help people here, but not the other way around. Too much personal info on my PCs to let just anyone in.

That's basically my point... I mean you only have to do it if you trust that person...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Computer Forums mobile app

I think this should be left for staff to decide on. I don't have a problem using it to help people but like Celegorm said not the other round.

I guess from my point of view I'd say...

feel free to use, team viewer, skype, remote assistance (as in start -> run MSRA.exe (or msra /offerra perhaps))
go to my PC, Webex or any other solution.

at the end of the day what you should realise is that you will be giving control of your PC to another person, you need to trust that person A, knows what they are talking about so that they don't accidentally break your machine and B are trustworthy so that they don't deliberately break your machine...

what you do to your machine is your choice. but I doubt that this forum will ever officially endorse any way for random people to connect and control other random peoples machines.

All of your guys' points make sense. It's just a curious thought and I kind of figured that this would get this kind of feedback.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom