iOS 8 & OS X Yosemite

BK_123

Golden Master
So Apple has today announced the new iOS 8 and surprisingly the oldest iPad running iOS 7 which is iPad 2 will be see iOS 8 which is its 4th update and that is unusual of Apple to do that. The features look good but there are noticeable features that have been taken from Android. Also announced was OS X Yosemite which will finally be more integrated with mobile devices. Also something else to note that Apple has already revealed what iDevices will be getting the chopping block which strange as that normally isn't revealed until the public release.

Coming in iOS 8: WiFi calling, Tips app, FaceTime call waiting, iBooks preinstalled, much more | 9to5Mac

Gallery: First look at iOS 8 with Health app, Notification Center widgets, and more | 9to5Mac

Apple.com updated with information on iOS 8, OS X Yosemite, and more | 9to5Mac

Apple announces iOS 8 device compatibility, drops support for iPhone 4 | 9to5Mac

Apple announces iOS 8 at WWDC with continuity features, Messages enhancements, Quicktype keyboard, more | 9to5Mac

hmmm... I guess 4s is still supportted.

though since updating to v7.1 broke the wifi and I had to take the phone appart and reflow the wifi chip excuse me if I don't get excited that apple are foisting another untested POS update on people... especially if they are taking ideas from android. I have an android tablet and i find it frankly terrible to use...

hmmm... I guess 4s is still supportted.

though since updating to v7.1 broke the wifi and I had to take the phone appart and reflow the wifi chip excuse me if I don't get excited that apple are foisting another untested POS update on people... especially if they are taking ideas from android. I have an android tablet and i find it frankly terrible to use...

Yes it certainly is and from the rumors I was reading in the lead up to the official announcement there was no talk of Apple cutting the 4S's support. I own it myself and still runs considerably fast when 7.1 came out that gave it a bit of a speed boost. The iPhone 4 on the other hand is very terribly slow, My step-dad has one but has a Windows Phone now and the screen broke and the WiFi is isn't working, Updating to 7.1 and 7.1.1 didn't fix it, After all the googling I did it turns out that a lot of people's WiFi chips were burn't out during the install of 7.1 in 4 & 4S but I didn't encounter this problem.

I do agree that they are stealing features from Android but they are trying to level the playing field 5 iOS 8 Features Apple Borrowed from Android. I am thinking of going Android as I am tired of being so locked into what I can do and being limited to what I can customize.

Back
Top Bottom