My Gaming Rig

ImageUploadedByComputer Forums1401727531.190844.jpg
How does this new rig look upgraded to the 4690 but it says some z87 chipsets may need an update prior to using has well refresh CPUs. What doe this mean and how do I so this?

The Intel Core i5 4690 is part the new Haswell Refresh that came out not to long ago. It's designed to go with a Z97 motherboard, however some Z87 motherboards will get their bios updated to support the new Haswell Refresh, however not all of them will.

I would just do the safe thing and go with a Z97 motherboard. Let me link some good ones.

Newer version of your current choice. ASRock Z97 Pro4 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

If you want to go with a better brand than Asrock such as Asus you can, it just might cost a little more.

ASUS Z97-A LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

I myself would go with the Asus board, but that's just my opinion.

I think I may go for the Asrock just because it's quite a bit cheaper and I have been told you don't need to spend lots on the Mobo

I have an asrock board for my AMD build and love it

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

I have found a crucial ram 8gb with 2400 MHz that costs a bit more. It has a higher CAS should I go for it. As I've said before I plan to play ETS2, Spintires, Scania Truck Driving Sim, and you tubing.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom