Big Cash For Old Retro Phones

I think I understand why, let me explain. I never have had a smartphone, and that's because the original reason to have a phone was to just call people, not text, browse the web, take pictures, ect. Today if you want just a calling phone that can't do much else it's normally a piece of junk that's hardly worth getting.

Another good thing about having a good phone is the price and no service contract for it. This I think is why people want them is to just have a good quality phone that doesn't cost them much and that is easy to use.

So apparently people are being big bucks for the old style classic Nokia brick phones as they don't want all the fang dangle features that smartphones today have. Why wouldn't you want a phone that is a like your personal assistant and mobile computer, I reckon they want them for evil purposes. Old-school mobiles make comeback with consumers paying top dollar for Nokia brick phones | News.com.au

Mobile phone to me is a phone only & for texting only, everything else is B.S.
The funny thing I find amusing these days with the smart phones is that they are getting bigger in size which is natural for the features & battery requirement, soon they will be like tablets sizes with all the gizmo's....:lol:

I love my smartphone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. It was 'big' at first. Now it's no problem. I've had several family members who were all about the "my phone is for calling". Then they got smartphones, and now tell me they can't believe they lived without one. It's the convenience that it offers that they like so much.

Checking the weather, getting email, listening to music, taking pictures and sharing them, and yes - wasting time on the internet (youtube/social media/random websites).

I think until you've tried it, you don't know what you are missing.

I love my smartphone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. It was 'big' at first. Now it's no problem. I've had several family members who were all about the "my phone is for calling". Then they got smartphones, and now tell me they can't believe they lived without one. It's the convenience that it offers that they like so much.

Checking the weather, getting email, listening to music, taking pictures and sharing them, and yes - wasting time on the internet (youtube/social media/random websites).

Ooh, I thought you were going windows phone. Well surprise surprise I am hopefully getting an Galaxy S4 once Telstra my carrier stops stuffing me around...

I have tried it. Only reason I had a halfa$$ed smart phone was because the company wanted me to have one. Good thing I was getting reimbursted for the service. It was outrageous and the cost of the phone was ludicrous also.
I just want one that goes ring ring. Hello? blah blah, bye. Click. If I want to play online, I wait till I get home and on the free internet where I live.
I already know where all the important stuff is in every town I've lived in. I don't need to ask the bitch in the box where something is. Then get charged for air time.

The art of speaking to another human face to face has died.

I have tried it. Only reason I had a halfa$$ed smart phone was because the company wanted me to have one. Good thing I was getting reimbursted for the service. It was outrageous and the cost of the phone was ludicrous also.
I just want one that goes ring ring. Hello? blah blah, bye. Click. If I want to play online, I wait till I get home and on the free internet where I live.
I already know where all the important stuff is in every town I've lived in. I don't need to ask the bitch in the box where something is. Then get charged for air time.

The art of speaking to another human face to face has died.

You remind me of my grandfather. That's all he wants a phone for and doesn't care about a smartphone, He only needs to call which is all he can do.

There are certain closed minded people who believe they are right and no matter what you say you will never changed their mind. I think that there is a clear line drawn between the generations on the use of smartphones.

On the other hand my other grandfather got a new phone Samsung Galaxy Duo I think it was and he barely knows how to use it.

Back
Top Bottom