Recommendations For A 2TB External Portable Hard Drive?

zoobooboozoo

Baseband Member
Hi All.

I'm looking for a good external portable hard drive with 2TB capacity.
I actually wanted a larger one but I realized there are no portable hard drives larger than 2TB except the 4TB by Segate which I heard is not very reliable.

The most important thing for me indeed is: reliability. I want to know that my data is as close to 100% safe as possible. speed is also important but less than reliability.

I know there are good ones by Segate & Western Digital but although I'm not gonna be in any extreme environment(I'm simply gonna carry it around with my laptop) I was thinking of maybe getting a rugged one like one of Silicon Power models. What rugged model of Silicon Power or other brands would you recommend? Do you think it's an overkill to get one? I'm a musician and sometimes I use my laptop and hard drive to record/perform on the road so protecting it from beers and tall desks can be nice ;) I just wanna know that I'm not comparmising data loss/speed/other features compared to a Segate one for example.

Thx In Advance, ZBBZ.

I don't think it would make much difference other than the rugged one would be more protected.

So they are the same regarding speed etc. ?

Do you know what's the differences between the differnt silicon power models? I honestly couldn't figure out what's the differnce between A15 A30 A60 & A80

I use a old 2tb segate goflex with my raspberry pi. Seems to still be chuging along *fingers crossed*

Back
Top Bottom