Stuck in power save mode

copiman

In Runtime
I have a Lenovo desktop with a Lenovo monitor. When you turn on the PC all you get on the monitor is power saving mode. The Lenovo monitor works fine attached to another PC. I used another monitor, an HP, connected to the Lenovo PC and still have the same issue. Also tried another cable and still have the same issue. I would think the problem is with the PC, but have never seen anything like this. Hope this is the right area to post.

Does your PC have only integrated GPU or dedicated aswell, If so switch been them. If you have a dedicated GPU it disables the integrated one.

Not sure what you mean. The video is emmbedded it the mobo. cannot get past the power save mode to do anything. Tried F8 to maybe get to safe mode and cannot. I was thinking I would try a video card or clear the cmos. What do you think.

Not sure what you mean. The video is emmbedded it the mobo. cannot get past the power save mode to do anything. Tried F8 to maybe get to safe mode and cannot. I was thinking I would try a video card or clear the cmos. What do you think.

That is called integrated graphics, A video card is dedicated graphics so try that.

Thanks for the clarification. I bought a graphics card today. I plan on clearing the cmos first. If that does not get it I will install the graphics card. If the cmos clearing takes care of it, I will just have a graphics card for future use. Being that I am a student learning computers and networks, and sometimes working on peoples PCs, it would not hurt to have a card for troubleshooting. I cannot do it until Monday evening. Will post back the results, hopefully successful results. Do you think I'm on track with my procedures? Always open to input from people I can learn from. Thanks for your responding to my post. I learn a lot from people like you. Hopefully I will be able to work in the computer and networking field.

The "power save mode" showing on the monitor is coming from the monitor itself and not from the PC. It's basically saying 'the monitor is on but not receiving a signal'.

You can try the video card, but my guess is that it's the ram or motherboard that's causing the issue.

The "power save mode" showing on the monitor is coming from the monitor itself and not from the PC. It's basically saying 'the monitor is on but not receiving a signal'.

You can try the video card, but my guess is that it's the ram or motherboard that's causing the issue.

If it is RAM or anything else it should be accompanied by post beeps, if no post beeps then most likely video card or corrupt Bios settings depending if card or onboard-motherboard

If there's no on-board speaker there won't be any beeps, correct? Most computers are now made without on-board speakers, correct? That's why I left that statement out of my post.

I got it. I cleared the CMOS and that took care of it. I got the suggestion from a friend to clear the CMOS first and if that did not work try a video card.Thanks everyone for your post.

Back
Top Bottom