Replacing my graphics card

greizer

Beta member
Hello,

I'm totally out of the loop when it comes to hardware, and I need to replace my graphics card. The old one is a Radeon HD 5800. There have been countless problems with the card over the years and it seems it's finally giving up the ghost, giving vertical gray lines while running Google Earth and being impervious to every voodoo trick on the web. Good riddance I say! :trash:

I want reliability above all else in my new graphics card; the price should be somewhere around 100 € ($ 140) or under. I rarely play brand new 3D-games so it doesn't have to run the latest games on max settings. More power is always nice though, and second after the reliability factor comes the bang-for-the-buck ratio, when considering the options.

So, any tips? My motherboard model is ASRock 890(6?)X Extreme3, if it helps; these things are attached to that thing, right? Like I said I'm the polar opposite of a tech wizard. :confused: Hopefully it's as easy as snapping the old one out and snapping the new one in... It's not in my budget to pay for installment atm.

Best regards,
Ville L.

Thank you for the answers. I was hoping there'd be more, though.

About the cooling of these thingies: do they come with the whole metallic-pin cooler-thingamajick pre-attached, or must I buy one of those too? :ermm:

Thank you for the answers. I was hoping there'd be more, though.

About the cooling of these thingies: do they come with the whole metallic-pin cooler-thingamajick pre-attached, or must I buy one of those too? :ermm:
Most Video Cards come with a cooler preinstalled especially your higher end ones. I haven't seen one that doesn't have a cooler installed in a long time so you shouldn't have to worry about it

Back
Top Bottom