PS3 Fat vs. PS3 Slim

niceties55

Daemon Poster
I have a PS3 slim (2nd generation) that I have been using for a while but I landed upon a hardly used PS3 Fat with PS2 capability for really cheap from a friend. (Under 40:) I was wondering if I should keep the PS3 fat and sell the slim? Or is the slim a much unit (reliability, faster load and processor speeds, or better looking video)?

The reason I say that is I had a 1st gen PSP and 3rd gen, and the 3rd gen unit was noticeably faster and a better unit!

Thanks a lot!!!

Ps I know that the slim has been used 4x as much as this fat version!

If you like to be able to play PS2 games without the need for a PS2 console then keep the fat and the slim.

@OP

If the results from a user-performed test are to believed, the PS3 Slim is slower than the old model when it comes to system boot times and loading of Blu-ray Disc movies, but the newer console comes out ahead when it's time to game.

source

Perhaps do some gaming on both and see if the speed difference justifies keeping the slim.

If you like to be able to play PS2 games without the need for a PS2 console then keep the fat and the slim.

images

Well that is good to know! I think I will keep both for now in case one dies and start using the PS3 Fat because I have very limited space where I am at and having a PS1/2/3 on one shelf and PS4 on the other is very handy!!

I would stick with the slim just because they are quieter

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Thanks! Here's the main question! I really don't care much about noise level or even slightly faster or slower boot times! My main concern is will I get the same graphical quality and Frames Per Second out of both of these units when playing PS3?

Thanks! Here's the main question! I really don't care much about noise level or even slightly faster or slower boot times! My main concern is will I get the same graphical quality and Frames Per Second out of both of these units when playing PS3?

As far as i know all the internals are the same the slim just uses a thinner fan and bluray drive and powersupply

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom