May we have saved responses

Randy11

Baseband Member
I know sometimes I go over the time that this forum has for a response. Which I am guessing is around 30 minutes as it is with most forums. Anyway just recently I ran out of time and couldn't post what I wanted to as I didn't copy and paste my response.

I am sure if I had checked off stay logged in it would not have been a problem but I like to log in each time and not save my passwords. Another forum I belong to does allow for saved responses and it has helped many times in the past. I hope it can be done here too. Thanks for reading this.

I think this forum has a limit of 30 minutes to respond to your own post, i could be wrong. Anyways if your time limit runs out I would just post another reply under your post. No one is going to give you a hard time for doing that.

No I don't believe they will. My last response was long though and took some time to think out as I wanted the maximum amount of information I had on the subject but it was lost before I even posted it. So I gave up on that particular response. I guess I could use my word processor and then copy and paste but the format is different. Ordinarily I usually like to make short responses but sometimes you just can't and have it make sense.

Having auto-save here though would be nice to have and make posting here a bit easier.

With most browsers you can use the back arrow to recover content that you put in the reply editor ;)

When ever i make a very long post, i always copy my message from the window and then post. If the post doesn't go through because of a error from CF, you could always paste your message back into your reply.

This works for me every time. ;)

I don't think, in all my time here, that I've ever been timed out. And I've typed some long replies before. Either way, the copy before hitting submit method is probably the best bet.

I don't think, in all my time here, that I've ever been timed out. And I've typed some long replies before. Either way, the copy before hitting submit method is probably the best bet.

Same. The only time I've had problems is when the site has crashed (used to be a very common issue) where even the back button didn't work and everything was lost. Since then I've gotten into the habit of hitting CTRL+A & CTRL+C before every post.

It can be a useful site tool. For example I have to heavily proof read responses even if they are short. Yes though Ctrl+A and C are ingrained in me, so I don't have a problem, maybe some peeps do. Perhaps that is what Randy1 is silently alluding to.

It can be a useful site tool. For example I have to heavily proof read responses even if they are short. Yes though Ctrl+A and C are ingrained in me, so I don't have a problem, maybe some peeps do. Perhaps that is what Randy1 is silently alluding to.

Yes I do believe it is a useful tool and very helpful when it is available. It might be though that you can't do that here. I noticed on another forum that I post to that it has a newer version of v Bulletin software that it uses. So maybe the older version can't do that. Anyway it is useful if available. Sorry I haven't been here to post back on this thread been busy for a while.

Back
Top Bottom