Over clocking help

thats why I turned it down lol and I rarely run the CPU at 100% anyways I should be getting the new cooler soon

Sweet, no disrespect intended here, I kinda thought you were a noobie (I refuse to use noob) What Case do you have, and also what cooling arrangement?

Sweet, no disrespect intended here, I kinda thought you were a noobie (I refuse to use noob) What Case do you have, and also what cooling arrangement?

Im using the Xion Xon 560bk (i acctually have a video up in the forums somewhere) and im using the 120mm rear exhaust and 120mm front intake that came with it. I do plan on getting new fans (atleast for the back since it makes a light knocking noise when i first start up the pc and when i turn it off) but that will be after i get the new CPU cooler

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Im using the Xion Xon 560bk (i acctually have a video up in the forums somewhere) and im using the 120mm rear exhaust and 120mm front intake that came with it. I do plan on getting new fans (atleast for the back since it makes a light knocking noise when i first start up the pc and when i turn it off) but that will be after i get the new CPU cooler

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

You sure that the knocking noise is the fan? Sorry, just making bases here. A knocking noise from a case fan would mean it is out of alignment, usually bearings. If you need to replace a fan, the cooler can wait. Think of the overclocking, thermals got to be right :)

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Oh and you have to take the APU into account with any overclock?

You sure that the knocking noise is the fan? Sorry, just making bases here. A knocking noise from a case fan would mean it is out of alignment, usually bearings. If you need to replace a fan, the cooler can wait. Think of the overclocking, thermals got to be right :)

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Oh and you have to take the APU into account with any overclock?
Yeah it is the fan the bearings are shot in it. There is a lot of play in the fan. And the GPU end of the CPU has its own seperate voltage and multiplier so you can overclock the CPU and the GPU will stay at it's stock clock and voltage

Yeah it is the fan the bearings are shot in it. There is a lot of play in the fan. And the GPU end of the CPU has its own seperate voltage and multiplier so you can overclock the CPU and the GPU will stay at it's stock clock and voltage

Excuse me here, but you know the fan is fucked????? Do you realize that the exhaust and intake are affected? An exhaust would well the air by sucking, a intake would not be able to supply air. Change the fan, and all of them. Harsh yes, and I apologize, one fan fails from a stock fan, replace all. Looking at the case specs.

Last edited:
Excuse me here, but you know the fan is fucked????? Do you realize that the exhaust and intake are affected? An exhaust would well the air by buffering, an intake would not be able to supply air. Change the fan, and all of them. Harsh yes, and I apologize, one fan fails from a stock fan, replace all. Looking at the case specs.
As I said the only time the fan makes noise is when it spins at a lower speed once it is up and spinning at it's full speed it works fine which it why it is not on the top of my list to replace right now. first thing that I will replace is the Cooler which should be soon and then I will buy the new case fans but for now it still works so It is not of a huge concern right now.

As I said the only time the fan makes noise is when it spins at a lower speed once it is up and spinning at it's full speed it works fine which it why it is not on the top of my list to replace right now. first thing that I will replace is the Cooler which should be soon and then I will buy the new case fans but for now it still works so It is not of a huge concern right now.

Okay.......

sorry didn't mean to come off as an ass

No no, you did not. I was thinking for the meantime that if the rig is doing waht it is supposed to, then forsake the OC, get the case in order. What I would do is factor the case fan in with the HSF. You're probably going on air anyway, so you may as well get a new case fan as well. IMHO of course.

No no, you did not. I was thinking for the meantime that if the rig is doing waht it is supposed to, then forsake the OC, get the case in order. What I would do is factor the case fan in with the HSF. You're probably going on air anyway, so you may as well get a new case fan as well. IMHO of course.
Yeah I'm looking for a PWM fan which are more pricey than standard fans. the thing I'm most worried about is the CPU cooler for that a new fan is the next thing on the list

Back
Top Bottom