this may be a stupind question

dev893

In Runtime
I hear the term "mining" alot in the PC community I was wondering what is it? can anyone tell me I've googled it and can't seem to find anything on it

I am not much into it, but it's about gathering virtual money.
Do you know what bitcoin is? Google "Bitcoin mining" and you will learn more about it.
I have zero interest in bitcoin and any other similarities, so i know very little about mining.

Last edited:
What do you gain out of it?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

You use the power of your CPU (and GPU) to calculate complicated equations that lead to "mining" virtual currency, such as Bitcoin.

You can definitely start mining at home with your home computer by looking into the World Community Grid. I've been mining with them for a few months, but I do it for various open-source and health-related projects. On the side,*I make some virtual currency (Ripples, XRP).

You use the power of your CPU (and GPU) to calculate complicated equations that lead to "mining" virtual currency, such as Bitcoin.

You can definitely start mining at home with your home computer by looking into the World Community Grid. I've been mining with them for a few months, but I do it for various open-source and health-related projects. On the side,*I make some virtual currency (Ripples, XRP).

What can you do with bitcoins and other virtual currency?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom