Second Hand GPU Opinion

BK_123

Golden Master
Hey guys. So I am looking at replacing the GPU in my system running a Pentium Dual Core, 2GB & 8500GTS and I have a few questions. I am looking at something entry level like the Geforce 210 Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce 1GB GT210 Graphic Card LOW Profile Hdmi DVI VGA HD Video | eBay or AMD5450 Gigabyte ATI Radeon 1GB HD5450 Graphic Card LOW Profile HD Video Hdmi DVI VGA | eBay. Now will I get any bottlenecks, The ram is DDR2 so will that be a problem. I would use it for games like Sims 3 & Minecraft nothing really power hungry and be used for connecting to TV to watch movies and TV shows.

Now I know you are thinking why go for a bit older GPU well as long as it can run what I wish it to then it will be fine until I can gather the money to get a decent rig.

I actually think either of those work be great entry graphic cards for you, and shouldn't cause any bottlenecks.

Now I actually almost bought the 5450 for me old PC not to long ago, but decided against it because I just wanted to save up money for my future PC build.

Pentium Dual Core E2160 @ 1.80GHz
2GB DDR2 Ram
Intel G31 Mobo
Geforce 8500GT 512MB
40GB HDD
80GB HDD
640GB HDD

Pentium Dual Core E2160 @ 1.80GHz
2GB DDR2 Ram
Intel G31 Mobo
Geforce 8500GT 512MB
40GB HDD
80GB HDD
640GB HDD

Ok this was only a rough guess of the specs but now have the exact ones, I am also thinking of upgrading the and Ram & CPU to a Core 2 Duo..

ZFPG8Xu.png

Since the Radeon 5450 and GT 210 are both pretty low end video cards I don't think that they will cause any bottle necking even though those specs are pretty old. However I would still upgrade at least the RAM to 4GB running at a higher speed.

Like you said, if you really wanted to be safe then you could upgrade the CPU and RAM, the you would most definitely not have any bottle necking.

Back
Top Bottom