Multi-pal Keyboard's and Mice on one Computer.

CyclingSalmon14

Baseband Member
OK so I had this crazy idea....

I have two screens plugged into one computer, however is there anyway of setting it up so I can plug in another keybored and mouse and have them both be independent of each other so I have two mice and two key-bored working without influencing the other.

Idealy they would be able to use both screens but the main Idea is that a friend can use one screen while I use the main screen but all on the same computer!

Aka my friend can be on facebook one one screen while I am on youtube on the other ect ect....

ALSO: as a spin off in mulitpalyer games like COD on a counsel you Local games ware you can have four players on the same screen it goes split screen, How dose this game mode work on a computer can you just plug in another set of phericals and it assings them to one player like it would in a consels or is this excluded from PC version of the games and only for consels.

AKA if you want to play Multipalyer with a friend who came round like you would on a counsel can you do this on a PC? Or would you both need your own PC and then play a LAN game....

OK looked at the link I dont think its quite what I want, I did see something called SoftXpand, wich lets two users use one PC at a time, aka seprate accounts so long as you have a second account but thats not quite what I am after ether...

I am talking about being on the same user account, at the same time but have two mice on screen so he can use one mouse on the second display and I use mine on the main display, and the same for keyboreds so I can write up a Word document on my screen why he plays a game or broweses the internet on the other screen if that makes sense?

What software could do this for me, I am ideally looking for free ware to....

What about a Virtual machine I guess this could work but then it would be like another computer again I guess....

To the best of my knowledge, you can't do what you want. That functionality does not exist.

ok WELL that suck's

So just to be clear, when my friends come round and we want to play videos games like have a good few rounds of COD or something like that, I need a "peasant" counsel....

Lol that sucks, so much for PCs being versatile I cant believe there is not software to let us do this.

^ Ill look at it a bit more, but I think it might also just be easier to pick up a consle at some point as you have the no fuss and controllers.

On another point, ignoreing the keybored issue, is Split screen even an option in the PC version of games? Like it is on counsel?

Back
Top Bottom