Best/Accurate Way to Check Website for Malware?

Well if you have had a few computers die we could help you.
It might just be a slight and easy problem to fix :)

Well if you have had a few computers die we could help you.
It might just be a slight and easy problem to fix :)

Oh, hey, thanks! I'll keep that in mind for the future. lol. My desktop and laptops were destroyed physically after I felt they were not worth repairing.

Laptop 1: screen was completely blacked out, despite the computer being on. I went to get a quote and the guy said I needed a new screen and it'd cost about $300-400, so I said....no thanks. I'd rather buy a new laptop.

Laptop 2: got some stupid virus thing that prevented my computer from EVEN starting. When I turned it on it NEVER loaded Windows but had this black screen with like a cursor blinking. lol. Prior to that happening I had it had some kind of bug, because I used to be able to go to Windows at least and it locked up and told me to wire $4,000 to some account to unlock my computer. :angel: So, for sure, I knew I had some massive bug. I got fed up and threw that machine out.

Desktop: ..don't ask...I think it had probably 100 different viruses. hahaha. I'm serious. I'd left that machine without anti-virus running for 1.5 years (it was at home, while I was at college and I never renewed my subscription on that machine)...When I used it again, WEIRD!!!!! stuff started happening. It was like someone was controlling my machine. I would be surfing the web and I'd see my mouse start moving and opening files as if someone was taking over my machine. ....I trashed that thing too, because even after running a new anti-virus program on it it still had so many issues (don't even ask....there were so many). At one point, my anti-virus (which was Norton) wouldn't even work properly, so it's as if they found a way to disable my Norton.

I think that was what angered my mom so much. She said this was the last laptop/desktop she was buying me and that I'd be paying next time. :cool: That's why I come here to try to learn proper computing safety, so hopefully this won't happen again. That was three dead computers in a short period of time.

If they were still physically around and I had the time, I might have let you guys troubleshoot them. But my roommate advised that if I was going to throw them out that it's best to literally destroy them, because you don't want someone picking up your machine out of the trash and fixing it and then stealing all your stored info. on them. So...don't laugh :D...we literally poured soda into the holes of the machines and used a hammer to also smash them before throwing them in the trash.

Haha computer 2 and 3 could have been saved by a simple wipe of the hard drive and re install your (OS) the it would have been like new

Haha computer 2 and 3 could have been saved by a simple wipe of the hard drive and re install your (OS) the it would have been like new

Thanks, I feel so much better now. :facepalm:

No, but I did mean a big thanks for the offer earlier! I'll have to keep that in mind for the future. I'm going to spend this summer learning more about computing, home repairs, and automobile repairs. Have some books lined up, because my dad told me those things will cost you $$$ if something goes wrong and you have to pay someone to fix it. ....So I'm hoping to learn more on these three topics from good sources so that I can do some of the work (be it preventative or problem fixing) by myself rather than have to rely on others (if it can be avoided).

So anything I can learn from you guys is always great!!

Last edited:
Jakeny what you need is Microsoft Security Essentials for you main anti-virus and Super Anti Spyware for a malware scanner. Microsoft Security Essentials is about the only thing Microsoft really knows how to do right with a few other exceptions too. Both programs are free or come in a free version With Microsoft Security Essentials being completely free. Here is a link to Microsoft Security Essential download Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Now for Super Anti Spyware SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware! . Download those and scan at least once a week and you shouldn't have any problems with any kind of malware. Once I finish my scan with Super Anti Spyware I go into System Tools & Program Settings and then delete everything the program finds in the quarantine.

It is a great program and has found things that no other malware detector could find. They have a free version and a paid one I only use the free one and have for over 2 years now.

Jakeny what you need is Microsoft Security Essentials for you main anti-virus and Super Anti Spyware for a malware scanner. Microsoft Security Essentials is about the only thing Microsoft really knows how to do right with a few other exceptions too. Both programs are free or come in a free version With Microsoft Security Essentials being completely free. Here is a link to Microsoft Security Essential download Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

I use to use this program as well. Don't anymore:

Last edited:
When the company that made the software says not to use it, I would immediately uninstall it and never use it again. Don't use MSE. There are many other programs available that are free as well.

I can't believe you actually destroyed a laptop and a desktop because you picked up a bug? And I'd strangle your room mate. Slowly...
You could have wiped the drives and reinstalled windows. Then installed a security suite like ESET security suite 7. Norton is a virus by the way.

You just have to love end users...

Back
Top Bottom