Random Chit Chat

I used to live in Texas. I know exactly what you're talking about. I bought my first Python while I was living there.

Sorry, let me rephrase.

If I wanted to purchase one of those guns, a military style assault rifle, how long do you think it would take before I own that firearm and can have it in my possession? How long do you think it would take for me to 'purchase' it... with all the required documentation, background checks, etc...?

Oh, as in how long it would take to earn the license to have them at your disposal!

This, I cannot guess!

But if I'm to try to think logically, a photocopy of your ID + a signed contract that is uploaded to some specially created official arms selling database or something, would take like 10-15 minutes? This is the speed era after all, if I get the name right!

Am I making any sense?

:hide:

like 10-15 minutes?

Sadly, that is correct.

Can you believe that? In 15 minutes (average is around 30), I can walk into a store and come out with enough firepower to take down a civilian helicopter (with some skill).

So, for celegorms followup question; How long to purchase a handgun?

Sadly, that is correct.

Can you believe that? In 15 minutes (average is around 30), I can walk into a store and come out with enough firepower to take down a civilian helicopter (with some skill).

So, for celegorms followup question; How long to purchase a handgun?

:eek:

This is really scary. But I don't think the law allowed this without covering it up somewhere else. Dunno, am I being over optimistic? I know the law in USA is strict and nicely built!

Well, if purchasing heavy artillery (an exaggeration) takes like 30 minutes, then handguns/pistols would be what, owned without a license at all? Just buy the thing and leave :confused:

This is really scary.

Welcome to MURRRCCAA!!!

I know the law in USA is strict and nicely built!

It is nicely built, but only to punish the laymen and let the powerful off the hook. It is appropriately named the "Criminal Justice System".

Well, if purchasing heavy artillery (an exaggeration) takes like 30 minutes, then handguns/pistols would be what, owned without a license at all? Just buy the thing and leave :confused:

Purchasing a handgun takes weeks, but I can get an assault rifle in minutes.

EDIT: To expand a little,

I haven't owned an assault rifle since I was in the military (I have no use for one other than sport... which I got my fill of), but when I purchased my hunting rifle, I walked in, showed ID, filled out a form which they checked in a database and was on my way.

When I purchased my handgun, I paid a deposit on it, then filled out miles of paperwork, and waited... and waited... until the dealer contacted me saying I was approved. I then went back to the dealer, paid the remaining balance and picked up my new handgun.

Kind of backwards, no? The idea is that (as I remember when this legislation drew a lot of attention) handguns are concealed more easily, and so we REALLY need to control who has those. Assault rifles are so big that they are way less dangerous!

Here in MURICA, only good guys have the big guns :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am not exactly sure..

Haha look up, Smart_guy and IPwn answered it already. I don't know of any state that has any kind of waiting period for "long guns" (rifles and shotguns) but the waiting period for handguns varies state by state. Some don't have any like with a rifle, others like my home state of Wisconsin, has a waiting period of 2 days.

the waiting period for handguns varies state by state..

I didn't know that part. I was under the impression that the handgun thing was at the federal level. In Colorado where I bought my handgun it was ~20 days? which was similar to California (home state), which only reinforced my misunderstanding.

Still, you can get 'heavy artillery' before you can get a pea shooter.

Now repeat after me: We do not have a gun problem. We do not have a gun problem. We do not have a gun problem....

Back
Top Bottom