Random Chit Chat

'they don't get paid enough to care'.

The crappy thing is; that seems to be the going attitude for anyone in the service industry. I had to call my internet provider over a charge they promised I would not pay, and the 6 people I talked to pretty much said "deal with it!" and threatened to turn my service off (which at one point I yelled "Get on with it then motherf*****!!!") I was amazed. When I worked for that very company, I've fired people for treating customers the way they did.
Of course, my FCC complaint and the dispute I filed with the board of public utilities got their attention very quickly... but I was in awe at how I was being talked to.. like they did it with every single customer who called in. It was crazy.

Nobody gives a flying *squirrel* anymore.

That's so true.

We purchased a camper not to long ago. Before we even get a bill from them, we received two voicemails from the collection department. We tried to get in touch with the guy who called for 2 days and he never got back with us. Then a bill shows up and it's postmarked (as in the date stamped on the outside of the envelope by the post office) 4 days AFTER it was due. They mailed it AFTER it was due and then decided to call us because we were late. We finally got in contact with the guy who called, and he wanted us to pay a late fee!?!?! He also said it was the 2nd statement sent out. We tried to tell him that it wasn't our fault it was late because we didn't receive it in time and he just kept saying 'ya but it's late'. We told him he was acting like an ass and he said 'oh am i?'. Finally we asked to talk to his manager who actually had the good sense to act like she cared about us and waived the late fee and helped us setup online payments so that we could pay them right away. Either way, not a very good first experience with this lender. Hopefully things right themselves now.

I just purchased around 100 fishing flies for < $5!!!!!! (If you're not familiar with these, a single fly can range from $.50 to $3 in some cases)

Went to a local outdoors shop over lunch and was browsing their collection of flies when the manager handed me a small plastic box and says "I'll sell you as many flies as you can fit in that box for $1.50", to which I gave the only appropriate response in that situation "Do you have a chair I can use?"

Cleaned em out.

Nicely done. Must wanted to move some product.

They were liquidating all of their fishing stuff. He said they make so much more money from Guns and Ammo that it just made sense to ditch the fishing gear and make room for moar gunz!!! MUUURCCCA!!!11!!!1!

A sad sign of the times, but I sure benefited from it.

Um, you mean guns like these?
JBL_Explorer.jpg

:angel:

I just upgraded to a crucial m500 240GB ssd. Due to AHCI driver issues I had to reinstall windows 7 and ditch windows 8 which is no big deal since im a desktop user. But for some reason at the starting windows screen it sits there for almost a minute then everything zips along real fast. Anyone else get this when they have an SSD as their boot then 2 hard drives for files as the second and 3rd drives?

My configuration is

24ogb SSD windows boot and programs, 500Gb hdd fraps recordings and more games then my 1.5TB drive for videos music and pictures etc

I just upgraded to a crucial m500 240GB ssd. Due to AHCI driver issues I had to reinstall windows 7 and ditch windows 8 which is no big deal since im a desktop user. But for some reason at the starting windows screen it sits there for almost a minute then everything zips along real fast. Anyone else get this when they have an SSD as their boot then 2 hard drives for files as the second and 3rd drives?

My configuration is

24ogb SSD windows boot and programs, 500Gb hdd fraps recordings and more games then my 1.5TB drive for videos music and pictures etc

Start a new thread in the hardware section. That's where these questions belong.

Back
Top Bottom