What Antivirus & Malware Do You Use? (Updated)

What Antivirus & Malware Do You Use?

• Total voters
Often when people use those simple programs (Windows defender) stuff gets through. Run a scan with malwarebytes and I bet something is there

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Computer Forums mobile app

I am using something called Norton Internet Security. It seems to work fine I think. Haven't seen any issues with it thus far on my new laptop.

I am using something called Norton Internet Security. It seems to work fine I think. Haven't seen any issues with it thus far on my new laptop.

Norton is just as bad as macafee if not worse ive had the best luck with the combo of AVG free and malwarebytes

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Norton internet security is one of the worst anti viruses. It's a very heavy program, drawing heavily on the computers resources.

By far I believe the best combination is Microsoft Security Essentials and Super Anti Spyware. Both free and they don't cause computer lag like the other programs do. I have had both Norton and McAfee and absolutely hated them. I wouldn't spend any money on those resource hogs.

By far I believe the best combination is Microsoft Security Essentials and Super Anti Spyware. Both free and they don't cause computer lag like the other programs do. I have had both Norton and McAfee and absolutely hated them. I wouldn't spend any money on those resource hogs.

Ive said it once ill say it again microsoft security essentials is a horrible virus protection. Even microsoft says not to use it

The reviews for Super Anti Spyware aren't very good SUPERAntiSpyware Professional 5 Review & Rating | PCMag.com and I recommend Malwarebytes over that any day..

Ive said it once ill say it again microsoft security essentials is a horrible virus protection. Even microsoft says not to use it

It isn't horrible infact some of the members here use it for their home PC's and like it, We use it in our image for all of the machines on our floor at school as we manage our resources and not the Education Dept. I do recommend Avast or AVG over MSE though.

Well first, schools are different, they are usually much more strictly limited in sites they can visit plus when being used teachers are likely around and therefore the odds of students going to bad sites drops dramatically. I use them on my schools as well because it's extremely basic, not because it's good. Security essentials is certainly not close to the best anti virus program around, even just among other free programs.

Back
Top Bottom