Helping my brother with his first build

emperor76
I had a case very similar to that one. It had the same side panel.
Bad quality, but it should still keep the components cool if he isn't overclocking. (i am counting on that there are an outake fan at the back)

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

dev893:
Looks like a way better case and also quite good looking

Like I said this case is amazing for the price I've read reviews that the front fan goes bad after a short time but I am not having an issue with it my computers been running almost 24/7 since I got the case and only thing I can hear are my HDD and CPU fan plus it keeps my PC nice and cool even on the stock cooler with my CPU overclocked to 4ghz it never gets over 68Celcius

(edit: case name is XION XON-560 )

Last edited:
I don't know about that case your brother bought as I have never heard of it before. I have heard of Cooler Master though and like most of them although this particular one I am linking to is not exactly my favorite Newegg.com - Cooler Master N500 - Mid Tower Computer Case with Meshed Front Panel. The thing I like about it though is the power supply is top mounted. Here is a link to the CPU specs from MSI MSI USA 760GM-P23 (FX).

When I built my first computer it had an MSI motherboard with HDMI and I am very pleased with it. I checked their website first though to make sure everything was compatible with the board before buying what I needed. Your brothers case while an unknown to me looks like it has plenty of room for expansion and it looks sturdy enough.

I am glad your brother changed his mind about that processor as the first processor was not compatible with that board.

Last edited:
I don't know about that case your brother bought as I have never heard of it before. I have heard of Cooler Master though and like most of them although this particular one I am linking to is not exactly my favorite Newegg.com - Cooler Master N500 - Mid Tower Computer Case with Meshed Front Panel. The thing I like about it though is the power supply is top mounted. Here is a link to the CPU specs from MSI MSI USA 760GM-P23 (FX).

When I built my first computer it had an MSI motherboard with HDMI and I am very pleased with it. I checked their website first though to make sure everything was compatible with the board before buying what I needed. Your brothers case while an unknown to me looks like it has plenty of room for expansion and it looks sturdy enough.

I am glad your brother changed his mind about that processor as the first processor was not compatible with that board.

Bottom mounted PSUs are better for cooling since they can pull their own air from out side the case and causes less airflow interferance. My particular case allows you to mount it upside down as well so the psu fan will also act as a exauhst fan

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Last edited:
I'm liking the looks of the cases I've been linked, thank for taking the time to look for me, but he's bought the case against any rational thought, because he likes the look of it, I did that once, and suffered massive cooling problems, I think he'll have to learn the hard way, cooling is way more important than looks. I agree withe Cooler master being good, I currently have the HAF 922 and the cooling has been brilliant, but in contrast the Cooler master Silencio 500 I had was absolute *insert unpleasant words here*

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

Yeah, I'm quite glad about that, plus, can you really turn down an extra 2 cores similar clock speed and lower power consumption for about £10 more?

Back
Top Bottom