Helping my brother with his first build

emperor76

In Runtime
Hi all, as the title suggests, I've been helping my brother build a computer, he was adamant he was going for AMD, and he was really trying to keep the price down, I sent him a link for an AM3+ motherboard, he bought what looks to be the same one from a different supplier, which is listed really confusingly MSI 760GM-P23 (FX), AMD 760G, S AM3+, DDR3, SATA II - 3Gb/s, SATA RAID, PCIe 2.0 4719072232252 | eBay after showing him a few FX cpu's, he's decided he wants this, which is more than the amount he wanted to spend http://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-FX-4130...=1398155521&sr=1-7&keywords=AMD+FX+Processors after much head scratching, I'm fairly sure it should work, even though the listing can't seem to make up it's mind, but I was wondering if anyone could comfirm whether this cpu will work, thanks in advance

it'll work but why not try getting an unlocked version in case for some reason he would like to overclock?

I actually forgot to check back here, with a bit of persuasion, he's actually gone for the FX-6300, it cost him £77 on Amazon, I can't see him overclocking though, the case he's gone for, isn't brilliant for cooling, I tried to get him to go for one with a system of pulling in cold air, and blasting the hot air back out again, but he was far more concerned with the aesthetics, he only has one fan on the side panel as it stands

at least 2 fan's are recommended. 1 for outtake and 1 for intake.
But he should be able to buy an extra fan for the case he has.

Can you link us to the case? I don't think i have ever seen a case that only comes with 1 fan

at least 2 fan's are recommended. 1 for outtake and 1 for intake.
But he should be able to buy an extra fan for the case he has.

Can you link us to the case? I don't think i have ever seen a case that only comes with 1 fan

I think you could be right Galaxy 3 Gaming Computer Atx Case Piano Black Finish With Blue LED Lights & Fan | eBay it didn't say much about the cooling, other than the fan, but here it claims to have more fan options NEW BLACK GALAXY 3 ATX PC GAMER TOWER CASE with WINDOW | eBay

If hes on a budget a good case is the XION XIO 560 it comes in black and white and includes 2 fans with room for 6 more four 80mm or one 200mm on the side on 80mm under hdd and one 120mm on the top. It has support for three 3.5"HDD and three 2.5" HDD/SSD it also has support for watercooling plus it has plenty of room its a great case i paid 40usd for mine. It is a micro ATX, MINI ITX case so it should fit his choosen board no issue

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1398779862127.jpg
    1398779862127.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 2
  • 1398779894585.jpg
    1398779894585.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom