Remote control software suggestion

I did not know that about teamviewer. But you still have to install the client on every single computer. I don't know about Bicker, but we have about 700 computers in our district.

That's the biggest advantage of DameWare, there is no client needed so no going around to every single computer.

AreoAdmin looks nice, but it still looks like the end user has to allow/accept the request.

We only have 300. So that's only half.
Yeah remote install would be nice, but also a good view over all the connected computers. Not just a drop down list with IP and computer name. Like this:

5interface1.png

Right. I still think you should look into iTalc more. I've never installed it onto a "server". Always just one a computer.

Ya. I was just a teacher computer. I've put it on about 2 or 4 computers.

I do know there was something with the keys and a master key and/or public key. I haven't installed it in a while. But I think you have to install the server part first, copy the key files to a network share and then point the clients to that key file.

I got Italc to work. guess i gave up too fast last time.
I remember it was right after we lost our own server to the central server. Some stuff has happened sense then. Like some people from the IT department setting up some Cisco Switches.
So now i feel a little more like an admin again. ^^

Thanks for the help guys. Appreciate it.

That's true, but requires user interaction. They user has to give you the code from their PC. Great when it's your Mom and she really needs help, not so much when a student is playing games during class time and you want to take screenshots. Pretty sure this wouldn't work: "hey give me that code for teamviewer so I can watch what you're doing during classtime - but then go back to playing games, ok?"

Actually teamviewer does not if you set them up on accounts, eg i have my home computer signed in to an account and leave it running in the background for unattended access. Works great and you can make different groups to use it with, as in a computer lab or class room.
And while it is free, only for personal uses, to use with a school you do have to purchase a license , but still anexcellent program.

-Thomas
-Certified Computer Technician

Also, not sure about for desktops but Google just released a remote control client for phones/ tablets... I don't know if it works well or between computers but I am definetly giving it a try

-Thomas
-Certified Computer Technician

Back
Top Bottom