Random Chit Chat

So, interesting story here. I remember one day in Iraq we were told that the temperature was 140F/60C!!!!!

After reading these few posts about the temps where you are, I did some research. What I found was pretty interesting: Explanation

Anywho... 50C is hot! That feeling when you open an oven to put something in and you get that rush of heat at you? That's how it feels just walking around. Our water was always hot so we'd soak our socks, put a water bottle in them, and tie them to the rear view mirror just so we could drink 'warm' water and not 'boiling' water.

This ~50C is only around here where I live. The central areas gets some exceptional days with temps around 60C!

Speaking about feelings, I fear taking showers or just washing my private parts after relieving, ehm, in the middle of the day. I don't wanna end up boiled. Well the latter happened before and I walked like penguin after that :D

Where I grew up (Southern California), the hottest day on record was 112F/44.4C

The record in the whole U.S. is 134F/56.6C occurring in Death Valley (near where I grew up). It is named so because of the heat there. The valley is actually below sea level which makes the air insanely thick with the heat.

I can live with a max 44.4C :)

Yeah, other factors make a difference too. Next city 70km away where I work, temps are lower than where I live for like 5C, but the humidity near the coast is crazy. +40C where I live is much more tolerable, to an extent, than below 35C over there!

It's not the heat. It's the humidity. Down here I'm a stone's throw from the gulf. 80 and 90 degrees F to me are temps to take normal precautions about. But when the humidity is in the high 90% range, it's like you're drowning. Can't breath. I like a moderate to low humidity. Where you live Smart Guy, I'd have to have an air conditioning repair man under contract and on speed dial.
Or just give me the dead of winter. I can deal with that.

You're not far from the truth!

(Old European cars) owners complain about their cars' A/C's not cooling properly in stop and go traffic in mid days and spend fortunes looking for solutions while it is normal for those old cars. A/C's at home run 24/7!

Temperature where I live as I type this is 41C (106F) and humidity is 26% while in the city I work in, it is 30C (86F) and 70% humidity. I just came from there and I'm glad I live here not there!

Its all relative. It's amazing what our bodies can do. Move to a new climate for a week, and you're body adjusts.

Where I'm at, we have some massive swings. This winter was down to -15°F (-26°C). So when spring got here and it was 50°F (10°C) everyone went around with no coats and said how great it felt. Come autumn when we go from 90°-95°F (32°-35°C) in the summer months back down to 50°F (10°C) everyone will get out their coats and hats out and say how cold it is.

Hey guys,

I just noticed the attached on the BBC news website.
Now the headline I'm interested in is:
Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone could be ordered to pay as much as £250m to avoid jail as he faces bribery charges in a German court.

To me that says Bernie was caught bribing someone and in order to stay out of jail he has to pay £250m which is just an official bribe isn't it?

Essentially, pay the government £250m or they will send you to jail?
Sounds like bribery to me!

Attachments

• F1.png
    F1.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 4
Two double cheese burgers, please, both plain!

What the... why is there no cheese? It's called double CHEESE burger!

Why do some people act without thinking?

Written by:
Smart Guy

He did think. A plain cheeseburger is a hamburger....:rofl:

Whenever I hear someone complain about fast food (I assume this was fast food) I respond with 'they don't get paid enough to care'.

I though a plain cheese burger is a cheese burger that has bread, beef (or chicken or whatever) and cheese, which has noting else in it :D

Otherwise it would be hamburger if the cheese is removed, thus it becomes an order different than the one I asked for!

Or maybe without even bread hehe!

My God, I just solved the anti-life equation :rolleyes:

I'm not just not getting paid enough, I work late and have no choice sometimes but to get fast food :(

Poor me :nonono:

And yeah, it was indeed fast food from McDonald's :D

So I've bought a new charger and battery for my laptop as I think they weren't far from hitting the grave now to get a new screen, Already spent $45 which I happy with.

1. New battery - Check
2. New charger - Check
3. New screen - WIP

Back
Top Bottom