1440P Or 1080P?

Craig Prince

In Runtime
Okay, I decided a few months ago that once I build my PC I'lll go with duel 1920x1080 monitors. But recently I was thinking about getting a single 2560x1440 monitor, then later upgrading to duel of those.

I just would like to know your opinions on it. Let me link the monitors I planned on buying.

2560x1440
ASUS PB Series PB278Q 27" 5ms (GTG) WQHD HDMI Widescreen LED Monitor 300 cd/m2 80,000,000:1 Built-in Speakers - Newegg.com

1920x1080
Asus VE248H Black 24" 2ms Full HD LCD Monitor w/Speakers - Newegg.com

Any feedback would be much appreciated. :)

Notes- Video Card would be a 780ti.

me being on a budget I would go with two of the 1080p Just because you could get two for the price of one 1440p monitor but again that's because I am a broke mofo lol

Silly answer from me but it depends on how you are going to use the screen(s).

If you are a gamer with a nice graphics card, decent processor, SSD drive and plan on playing games on the highest of resolutions on the highest of settings and the 1440 monitor you buy is very high spec then the 1440 is the way to go.

If you are like me and don't really game but multi task an awful lot then the dual monitors is probably the way to go for now.

I am going to use the PC for gaming a lot, and the PC I'll be building will be very high end. So I think I'll go with the 1440P and then like a month later buy another one, I sure hope the 780tis Video RAM is enough... :lol:

Though I'd like to see some more responses.

Yeah that's what I'm kinda worried about, I don't really feel like spending $3000 on a PC and getting like 40fps in the latest games lol...

Dual 1080P would still affect ot but no where nears as much as the 1440P

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

I'll say if you are willing to spend the money, go for a 1440P display. I have had one myself. Amazing image quality.
You also have the necessarily horse power to run it.
Having an extra monitor at the side while gaming is not gonna effect performance much (if any all). I assume you are not gonna use both monitors for gaming at the same time. I can't see how that would work because you will need 3 monitors.

Back
Top Bottom