Orange juice on keyboard

You can put your motherboard in the dishwasher

So let me clarify here, because I didn't mean the above literally.

What I mean by the above is that you could soak the entire board in a conductive liquid without direct harm to the board or circuits, granted there is no source of electrical current available to the board.

Under NO circumstances should you ever put a complex circuit board into a washing machine!! Only under special circumstances would I ever expose it to conductive liquid either!

Just trying to illustrate the point that a keyboard would not suffer damage from a go in the dish washer given it's typical durability and design.

:hide:

Last edited:
So let me clarify here, because I didn't mean the above literally.

What I mean by the above is that you could soak the entire board in a conductive liquid without direct harm to the board or circuits, granted there is no source of electrical current available to the board.

Under NO circumstances should you ever put a complex circuit board into a washing machine!! Only under special circumstances would I ever expose it to conductive liquid either!

Just trying to illustrate the point that a keyboard would not suffer damage from a go in the dish washer given it's typical durability and design.

:hide:

This is correct. I've heard people doing it all the time. As long as it's dried out before you try to use it again, there should be no issues.

Back
Top Bottom