A quick acceleration test for my car.

I used to make my cars faster by swapping the auto-shift rear end to standard-shift rear end. On some of my cars that were standard shift I put in an auto tranny. All my auto trannies have shift kits in 'em.

My friends never figured out why my cars were so fast and they're still stock heh.

That was the good old days and I made my living as a mechanic. Now I'm retired.

If i get this job imma be getting a 94 twin turbo dodge stealth

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

I can't do much for this car and keep it stock!

Replacing the rear differential with a tighter one will improve low-end acceleration but will affect fuel economy, engine RPM and top speed (not that I care much for the last)!

The transmission is a 4-speed with no overdrive gear so the engine will be on the high side of the rpm if my rear diff choice was a very tight one!

The current is 3.07:1 and I think a 3.27:1 will be good enough to improve accel without affecting fuel econ instead of the next available on 3.54:1 used with some 5-speed transmissions that had an overdrive gear!

Otherwise it has to be a 5-speed transmission and/or a bigger engine retrofit. Both are not gonna be easy or economical!

The costs I referred to earlier is for a V8 305hp engine that belongs to a bigger and heavier Mercedes that will send this on flying!

Last edited:
Yeah itd be fun to throw a V8 in it though

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom