Computer shutting itself off, overheating??

I know the problem and its the psu. the readings on the rails are absolutely deplorable. 2v on the 5v rail and 7v on the 12v rail. thats REALLY bad. You need a new psu. get a quality corsair psu.

CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready - Newegg.com

this is an extremely good power supply and its on a really big sale. this is an incredible deal that I wouldn't pass up. I would get the new power supply quickly before your current one takes down your whole system.

I thought it was the PSU, it was such a cheap branded one and I never had problems until I upgraded my GPU which is 2.5x better than my original one! I was actually considering a corsair PSU, but I really don't want to spend 'too' much and only need around a 600W PSU. I saw a Corsair 600w on Amazon but it mentions it's '80 PLUS Bronze' as opposed to Gold. Is that such a big deal??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009RMP44O/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

Thanks for your help dude!

What brand PSU is it, The members here recommend mainly Corsair & Seasonic like this one from Corsair should do the trick Corsair Builder Series Modular CX750M - 750 Watt 80 PLUS® Bronze Power Supply | CP-9020061-UK

It's a really cheap brand 'Sumvision' I bought it on ebay for like £14.99 no wonder I am having problems, especially with my new GPU! Thanks for your help buddy. As I mentioned to another guy, I am considering a Corsair 600W PSU, I was thinking the '80 PLUS Bronze' as opposed to a 'Gold', is it such a big difference? Surely Corsair are reliable whatever they are? Thanks :)

Yeah 80 plus bronze is no big deal at all. I have an 80 plus bronze power supply myself. Corsair is reliable regardless. Go ahead and get the one you linked on Amazon. That's a great psu at a great price. And no problem. Always happy to help :)

Im running a corsair CX500 v2 and have no issues at all though i dont have a video card yet. I bought mine used for 40 brand new they go for $60 on newegg

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

It's a really cheap brand 'Sumvision' I bought it on ebay for like £14.99 no wonder I am having problems, especially with my new GPU! Thanks for your help buddy. As I mentioned to another guy, I am considering a Corsair 600W PSU, I was thinking the '80 PLUS Bronze' as opposed to a 'Gold', is it such a big difference? Surely Corsair are reliable whatever they are? Thanks :)

Not a problem. Remember to consider Seasonic too also Antec is another one members suggest and recommend.

when you do get your new PSU check your voltages again you want them to look more like this than what your old ones were looking like notice how all my rails are actually reading what they are supposed to. yours were reading way low and that's where you were having your issues

Attachments

• PSU voltage.jpg
    PSU voltage.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom