Orange juice on keyboard

DOlsen12

Baseband Member
I spilled a glass of orange juice on my Corsair Vengance K95 keyboard a few days ago. After a day of letting it dry it works again, but some a few of the keys are sticks. They are harder to press down and slowly come up after being pressed. They keyboard has cherry red mx switches and it feels like the juice got into the switches and dried up leaving it sticky. Is there a way to clean them?

Well, I've never owned a keyboard that I would call by name and looking online it looks like your's ran about $150. I'll spare you the 'don't keep food and drinks by your keyboard' line ;).

As for cleaning, perhaps using rubbing alcohol would help...but again I've never owned a keyboard beyond what comes with the computers I've bought so I don't know if it will help and I would hate for it to make things worse.

Am I the only one here who uses the dishwasher for this?

Put your keyboard face down in the dishwasher, and turn off the 'heat dry' function and run it through a cycle. When done in the wash, I usually give it a good shake and 'swing' it like it was a hand fan in all directions. Prop it up in it's side, repeat the shaking/fanning every few hours and change the side it's propped up on.

The most important part is just to make sure it's completely dry before plugging back in (24-48 hours?).

Last edited:
Yes....yes you are. :rofl:

I would say try the alcohol first. If that doesn't unstick them, then as a last ditch attempt, try the dishwasher method.

Thanks for the help everyone! I used the method in the video from Craig and it worked well. Can you really put it in the dishwasher o.0

Yes....yes you are. :rofl:

I would say try the alcohol first. If that doesn't unstick them, then as a last ditch attempt, try the dishwasher method.

I wash my keyboard in the dishwasher around yearly... works great!

Can you really put it in the dishwasher o.0

You can put your motherboard in the dishwasher... As long as there's no power source or stored electricity, there's nothing to 'short circuit'...

The only time you really want to be careful is with some of the different mechanical parts. For example, I've washed Xbox controllers with no issue, but a Wii controllers broke because the Gyro sensor inside got jacked up from the heat and force.

Plain jane keyboards? I use a dishwasher all the time.

I wash my keyboard in the dishwasher around yearly... works great!

You can put your motherboard in the dishwasher... As long as there's no power source or stored electricity, there's nothing to 'short circuit'...

The only time you really want to be careful is with some of the different mechanical parts. For example, I've washed Xbox controllers with no issue, but a Wii controllers broke because the Gyro sensor inside got jacked up from the heat and force.

Plain jane keyboards? I use a dishwasher all the time.

Are you crazy, That's just asking for trouble..

Back
Top Bottom