Getting back in with a new build

Steemax

Daemon Poster
Hey all, as you may tell I' haven't been on these forums in a really long time. I also haven't built a computer from scratch since so it took me a week just to get caught up with all the new hardware out now.

Afterall just by looking at my sig you can see what era i'm stuck in lol.

Here's what I've come up with for a build. Keep in mind I've always been an AMD/ATI guy back in the day, so this will be my first Intel/Nvidia build. I think I got it right.

Case: NZXT H440 STEEL
Mobo: Asus Z87-A LGA 1150
Video Card: 2x EVGA GTX 760 in SLI
PSU: Corsair HX750 (80 Plus Gold)
CPU: Core i7 4771 Haswell 84w
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 120mm SSO CPU Cooler
HDD: Samsung 840 EVO 500gb SSD
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaw Z series 16gb DDR3 2133 PC3 17000
CD: LG BlueRay Burner

I'm sure that covers it all. Let me know if you guys have any recomandations.

Thanks!

Looks good although I would wait until the gtx 8xx series come out. Its right around the corner. Maxwell will be faster, more energy efficient, and of course future proof. So I'd wait and possibly go for an 880 or 870 (single card solutions are better than SLI as far as stability). But that's just me.

Looks good although I would wait until the gtx 8xx series come out. Its right around the corner. Maxwell will be faster, more energy efficient, and of course future proof. So I'd wait and possibly go for an 880 or 870 (single card solutions are better than SLI as far as stability). But that's just me.

If it's around the corner, I wouldn't mind waiting and saving up a few more coins.

Also I did realize a single card would be a better way to future proof after I posted this so I had updated my cart with a single GTX 780 TI... but I'll wait and see what the new 8xx series brings to the table.

No need. The 7XX series is just about the same

Yep that's a good solid build you have planned, What will it be mainly used for?

I'll be gaming, some WoW, Outlast, and Battlefield. I'll be using multiple streaming trading platforms and streaming movies/tv shows.

No need. The 7XX series is just about the same

Ya I couldn't help myself, I ended up placing the order just now hehe.

ALSO just to note: I changed the case and went with a Corsair Carbide 400R, and also changed the Memory and Processor. I went with the unlocked version of the processor and swapped the ripjaw series with the Corsair Vengeance series.

Last edited:
I'll be gaming, some WoW, Outlast, and Battlefield. I'll be using multiple streaming trading platforms and streaming movies/tv shows.

Ya I couldn't help myself, I ended up placing the order just now hehe.

ALSO just to note: I changed the case and went with a Corsair Carbide 400R, and also changed the Memory and Processor. I went with the unlocked version of the processor and swapped the ripjaw series with the Corsair Vengeance series.

Very nice choices there. The case looks to be very have a lot of room and good for cable management if you like a tidy setup.

That case is so amazing looking.
I am properly going to buy it myself next month.
Just look at it :eek:

H440_Blk_Main_24x32in2.jpg

h440-4-1280x1024.jpg

it does look like a nice case but I am happy with mine. it may look plain but it has plenty of room plus support for three 2.5" HDD/SSD and three 3.5" HDD and it came with two 120mm fans the one in the front has a blue LED and it has water cooling support all for $40 USD
angle.jpg

Back
Top Bottom