Will this cause any damage

emperor76

In Runtime
I've solved a problem with Broken Sword Angel Of Death which would work for me in xp but not 7, I had to go into bios and disable all but one of the cpu cores to get the game to work, as all the characters were silhouette's when multicore was enabled, but I'm having to go into bios and do this every time I play the game, can this cause any damage? as I don't really want to put xp on at the minute, but will if I have to.

If you have the hard drive space just VM XP. Then you can set the VM up to have one core.

Mossiac

Strangely though, I'm sure it worked on XP without me changing anything, I could be wrong though, I didn't have a proper go, I'm actually waiting to get an external back up drive, so I can use my internal backup drive to permanently install XP on, just not sure how long that will be, it will be handy for old games though.

Strangely though, I'm sure it worked on XP without me changing anything, I could be wrong though, I didn't have a proper go, I'm actually waiting to get an external back up drive, so I can use my internal backup drive to permanently install XP on, just not sure how long that will be, it will be handy for old games though.

Installing an OS on an external drive isn't a good idea, I'd go with what Mossiac said and run it in a VM using Virtual Box.

Installing an OS on an external drive isn't a good idea, I'd go with what Mossiac said and run it in a VM using Virtual Box.

Sorry, I must not have been very clear, I meant, I was going to use the internal drive I currently use for back up, for xp, and the new external one, will be my new back up drive.

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

Hi, I'm unable to look at this, as it just says An error occured

Sadly an error occured with your request, it's been logged and we're looking into it

Sadly an error occured with your request, it's been logged and we're looking into it

I get the same error now!
I think they have a problem with their SSL certificate so give it 24 hours and see if the link works then.

It is a problem they are aware of and they have released a patch you can download and install.

Alternatively, you can start the application then bring up task manager, find the process in processes, right click on it, click Set Affinity and then remove all but one.

This should allow the rest of your computer to run on all 4 cores but this game on just the one.

Sorry, I must not have been very clear, I meant, I was going to use the internal drive I currently use for back up, for xp, and the new external one, will be my new back up drive.

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

1. Ah ok, You should put them in a raid and partition the drive and install XP in dual boot with Windows 7.

2. Yes I had that error trying to access that site too..

1. Ah ok, You should put them in a raid and partition the drive and install XP in dual boot with Windows 7.

2. Yes I had that error trying to access that site too..

Thanks, it will be the first time I have set up raid, but I've been meaning to have a go at that.

Back
Top Bottom