Graphics Problems

slazenger25

Beta member
Hey guys my names Finn i recently built my first PC, i saved for 2 years and now im really worried
my specs are as follows
Ram: 8GB Vengeance pro
Graphics card: MSI Geforce GTX 780ti gaming 3gb
Processor: i5 4670k
Power supply: Silverstone Strider Plus 750W ST75F-P
Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB SSD
Mother Board: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H Motherboard

The problem came up when my friend brought his computer round to mine, he has a 760 and a i5 4440, we have the same monitors but his picture was twice as as clear and crisp. I have the latest Graphics card drivers and i am using DVI-D to connect to my monitor.

This is my first post but any reply would be appreciated :)

Maybe your cable is bad?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Check your screen resolution and refresh rates his may be set different than yours

How long ago did you get the video card? If your still with in waranty send it in for RMA see if you can get a new one. Also make sure there isnt any dust in the pcie slot as that may cause a poor connection. Im not sure what else there is maybe someone else could help

Last edited:
I think 2 moths but the quality hasn't changed, i ran a computer basemark check and it picked up that i was missing a monitor driver so i checked for updates on the monitor drivers but it said it was up to date

Check the pcie slot for dust. It could cause a bad connection between motherboard and video card. Also to check if its a video card or motherboard thats the problem try putting your video card in your friends pc see if it still gives you an issue if it doesnt youve narrowed it down to the motherboard

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

And for drivers its usually best to go to the manufacters website for them. Windows doesnt always do the best job of finding drivers

I have to go to bed, when i wake up ill try that, thank you for your help. Would you mind checking back sometime in case that doesn't work i could really use your help.

Thanks again
-Finn

Video cards can be slightly loose in their slot too and that can cause a problem. I know that doesn't seem possible but I have seen cases that are slightly warped and when you tighten the screw that holds the card it actually pushes the card slightly out of alignment. Not a real common occurrence but it can happen.

Back
Top Bottom