Any Good Home Maintenance/Repair Forums?

jakeny

Baseband Member
Curious to know if anyone knows of any good home maintenance/repair forums?

I'd be interested in learning some basic skills in that department to help save money in the future! ...assuming I don't learn it wrong and tear down the house!! :lol: But, seriously, if anyone knows of any really good ones that'd be great! Thanks.

Not sure about forums, but I picked up this book when I got my first home. Had some pretty good stuff in it.

Not sure about forums, but I picked up this book when I got my first home. Had some pretty good stuff in it.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to pick it up actually. :D

My dad knows nothing about home repairs and my mom has been complaining all year about things breaking and the huge bills we've paid. I'm looking to learn some basics and especially preventative type of stuff, so you don't get to the point where you have these major problems to begin with.

If I find a good forum, I'll post back the link here.

I know of a good forum and they talk about all kinds of things and not just home repair either but other things. Over there they know me as hedgeclippers here is the link DoItYourself.com Community Forums - Home Improvement & Home Repair Questions & Answers . They have another area where they have some articles on things but I stick to the forums. If you try them I hope you enjoy the forum. Really a good deal like here only more topics and not as specialized although there are many contractors on the forum and people in other fields too.

Home Depot and Lowe's have classes that are free. They're held in the stores on weekends. Call or go online to check on what's available.

Home Depot and Lowe's have classes that are free. They're held in the stores on weekends. Call or go online to check on what's available.

Excellent! When I return home this summer I'll make a note to try that!!

I know of a good forum and they talk about all kinds of things and not just home repair either but other things. Over there they know me as hedgeclippers here is the link DoItYourself.com Community Forums - Home Improvement & Home Repair Questions & Answers . They have another area where they have some articles on things but I stick to the forums. If you try them I hope you enjoy the forum. Really a good deal like here only more topics and not as specialized although there are many contractors on the forum and people in other fields too.

Thanks, awesome rec. too. I'll probably be "jakeny" over there as well. :lol: Too lazy to make another name. heh heh.

Back
Top Bottom